HU
JMU
NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Kelleher and Lester

Getting back to Kelleher ... according to Newsday, the NCAA has changed the rule that has prevented him from playing D1 basketball until next weekend vs. Florida Atlantic:

"The NCAA statement also indicated that 'effective for student-athletes first enrolling at a collegiate institution as of August 1, 2010, a new NCAA rule allows prospective student-athletes to compete on teams with professionals while maintaining their amateur status prior to college as long as any such benefits do not exceed actual and necessary expenses . . . ' That essentially means Kelleher would not have been cited by the NCAA under the new rule."

http://www.newsday.com/sports/colleg...ebut-1.2517951

Better late than never, I guess.
    Charles Jenkins:
    Drafted by the Golden State Warriors, June 2011
    Hofstra's career scoring leader ... 2,513 points
    Haggerty Award winner 2009, 2010 & 2011
    2010-11 CAA Preseason POY; CAA POY; SI, CBS & SN AA; & AP HM AA
    2009-10 CAA Preseason Co-POY, CAA POY, & AP HM AA
    2008-09 CAA First Team
    2007-08 CAA ROY

With Kelleher set to make his debut Saturday I see Jules minutes declining quite a bit [unless he out performs McLendon].

We lose 1 front court player [Washington] after this season and have 4 frontcourt players coming in [could lose 2 if you include Lester]. Bilbo will have difficulty seeing any minutes next season.

I asked Lester on twitter just now if he's going to play this season. He said he didn't know.

Mo Cassara was asked today about Lester on the WB Mason Coaches Report video and he said, "A decision is imminent." So he has NOT yet been ruled OUT or IN for that matter.

Kelleher certainly didn't look like any "ball of Fire" in his debut (2 free throws) .... I expected more. Hope to see considerable improvement. If he doesn't step it up I think we are in for a looooong season.

I'd give Kelleher a game or two to get his feet under him...he's a great practice player, from what I've seen.