HU
JMU
NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Burn the Black Uniforms

For the love of God, can we please stop wearing the black uniforms? As much as I love the way they look, they are cursed. Get rid of them. Burn them. Drown them. Do whatever you have to do to get rid of those.

I too hate them and think they should be burned. One quip from the commentators..."Why does a school from outside DC called the Patriots have black, green, and gold for their school colors?" :roll:
    "It's just a frenzy, man," he said. "The life of an athlete in the NCAA tournament."
    Lamar Butler

I agree. When I saw them my first thought was that nothing good has ever come when we wear them. Burn them!

We won at ODU - last game of the year - to get the #3 seed in the tournament - in our BLACK uniforms. I like the black uni's, I vote to keep 'um!

I'm a fan of having a third uni in black, but I never was a fan of the style of our black jerseys. The green letters/numbers with the gold shadow look isn't very attractive.

Mason should hire me as a consultant to design their next set of uni's.

It really doesn't matter does it? We're getting new jerseys next year anyways!

Almost every game I've seen us wear black we've lost (@Drexel, @UofD, VCU CAA final, @Oregon, @UNC?, @Twerps?), the only game I think I saw them win in black was @Towson. Not too many great memories, but I didn't see the ODU game, just listened to it.
    2011 NCAA 2nd Rd, 2009 NIT, 2008 NCAA, 2006 NCAA FINAL 4, 2004 NIT Sweet 16, 2002 NIT, 2001 NCAA, 1999 NCAA

From the GMU Notes for the Oregon game:

UNIFORMITY: During the 2001-02 season, George Mason had the option of a third uniform to wear in games. Along with the usual white home uniform and green road outfit, the Patriots added a black uniform. Mason, who went 1-5 in two seasons with the black uniforms, has been impressive this year going 5-4 (now 5-5) to move its record at 6-9 (now 6-10) overall in the new gear.

Quote Originally Posted by P8triotfan4life
    It really doesn't matter does it? We're getting new jerseys next year anyways!

athletics has not made their new logo yet, and i'm not sure if they will have it done in time for the fall semester, meaning at least one more season with the star and stripes. i doubt that they would get new uni's before they finish the new athletics logo.
    the society.... shhhhhhhhhhh

I hope we get a new mascot though.