HU
JMU
NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Page 51 of 352 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Default Re: Coach Cassara's Recruits

Good job AFAR, you might even surpass JOJO regarding recruiting news.

JOJO you are right on about recruiting being a numbers game. I was in sales for over 40 years (hard to believe since I am only 39) and that usually is a standard for success. There are of course other variables such as quality of sales call and pre-qualifying the prospect. It also is good practice to set your standards high and try to recruit some top level ones who will probable go to big east or basketball powers in general because you just may land one who wants to play close to home and be a big fish in a small pond vs. small fish in big pond.

According to nychoops.com Cassara and company are recruiting for 2012 and are looking at 6'7" junior forward Georges Niang from The Tilton School in NH. Excerpt from arricle:

You can ask the confident forward himself what his strengths are. "I think my post play and my shooting are my best features" says a boastful Niang. However, Niang is quite aware of his weaknesses as well. Niang pointed out that he does need to get stronger and has shown the willingness to get better. Over the summer, Niang has even worked out with basketball guru and Michael Jordan's former trainer, Tim Grover in Chicago. "It was nuts" says Niang when describing his workouts with Grover. "He's definitely a wiz when it comes to basketball. He knows everything...One school that has sparked Niang's interest is Hofstra University. "I definitely want to get down there" says Niang about visiting the Hofstra's campus. "It's one of the best mid-major programs out there so I'm definitely interested."
    He is rated 83 by ESPN an the #71 forward for class of 2012.

From newenglandrecruitingreport.com
    You couldn’t be much better offensively than Niang was in Orlando as he was BABC’s most consistent scorer throughout the national championships.* He flat out made everything inside of 8 feet and didn’t even show his smooth three ball.* Mid-major offers were quick to follow.*
    There are quite a few articles and videos of the kid if you google his name.
    Last edited by Afar2004; 09-09-2010 at 04:00 PM.

nice to hear a recruit single out Hofstra - that can not be a bad thing! also like that he is 6'7" - also not a bad thing. wish he was a Senior much can happen in the recruiting process in the next twenty four months

According to nychoops.com HU assistant Allen Griffin attended Christ The King's open gym yesterday to check out shooting guard Omar Calhoun, senior combo guard T.J. Curry and point guard Corey Edwards. According to the article the only other coaches there were from George Mason.

Calhoon is a top 100 player and rated 4 stars by scout.com He will get looked at later this week by some high major programs but maybe somehow HU can pull a robery.

Quote Originally Posted by Afar2004 View Post
    According to nychoops.com HU assistant Allen Griffin attended Christ The King's open gym yesterday to check out shooting guard Omar Calhoun, senior combo guard T.J. Curry and point guard Corey Edwards. According to the article the only other coaches there were from George Mason.

Calhoon is a top 100 player and rated 4 stars by scout.com He will get looked at later this week by some high major programs but maybe somehow HU can pull a robery.
    the only robbery that is going to happen is at one of the off campus houses at Hofstra (again)....dont think we will land any......

With all your support who needs enemies!!!

HUSID80 lets just chalk it up to youthful impatience.
    Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most!

Hofstra Starting Line Up
    PG - McMillan
    G - Jenkins
    G - Moore
    F - Imes
    F - Washington

I think that should be a better starting 5 then we hasd last year

Imes not better than Kanocevic. Washington must prove he can play inside the paint without getting pushed around. Also he must stay out of foul trouble. Funny every year we say how deep we are. Lets just see how these new faces jell together with a brand new coaching staff before we annoint them CAA contenders.
    Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most!