HU
JMU
NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Default Chaz Williams has asked for his release

Adam Zagora reporting that Chaz Williams has asked for his release from Hofstra. Not good at all.

Default Re: Chaz Williams has asked for his release

I don't blame him. But it does hurt to see him leave if he so chooses. It's unfortunate that Charles' senior year what it was supposed to be is going to be a lot like Agudio's senior year by the looks of it.

If we were all honest with ourselves we all saw this coming.

The Welsh ripple effect is going to be felt for a long time I'm afraid.

Can you post a link, TRabinowitz.

@DAlex, depends on who we hire, I do like the asst's Welsh brought I think DeMeo is well qualified and Cassara seems like a guy who has a lot of fire to recruit. Though, if it's not done right this school could be bad for a while.

Wow.... Just wow...

Apparently Hofstra is feverishly looking for a "name" replacement. Leaving it to the assistants is not the answer.

But lets face it, two big players already gone, the damage is done.

Quote Originally Posted by TRabinowitz View Post
    Adam Zagora reporting that Chaz Williams has asked for his release from Hofstra. Not good at all.
    Here is the link:

http://www.zagsblog.com/2010/05/04/k...-to-south-kent

Scroll to bottom

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCoolHofstra View Post
    Thanks.

@DAlex
    If Hofstra is looking a name coach, Al Skinner maybe, and the assistants seem like good recruits. I think they can be good in 2011-12, though we don't know.

I wish Charles goes out his senior year averaging 25 points a game, 5 assists, and 3 rebounds and leads us to the tournament. Yeah I know I am being ridiculous, but Charles deserves it for himself as some people have the already said. I don't feel bad for people, but I do wish Charles had it better.

Wow.

Hofstra: The Official Punchline of the CAA.

This sucks.

At this point, I would have wanted to see Charles go, too (if he were able to, if he hadn't redshirted as a freshman). See him sit out a year, and go to a team that can make the NCAA tourney and help him raise his stock to get an NBA look. He's too nice of a kid, too talented, and too hard of a worker to end his career like this at HU. Really feel for him. He's done everything the right way, and everyone from Pecora to Halil, to Chaz, are all bailing on him. I wish he were in the position to do what's best for himself, too. It's ironic that he can't, because out of all of them, he would be the one to deserve that the most, and yet he's the one guy, who even if he were able to leave, would stay, just because of his character and his loyalty to his team.

Quote Originally Posted by Proud Pride Fan View Post
    Wow.

Hofstra: The Official Punchline of the CAA.

This sucks.

At this point, I would have wanted to see Charles go, too (if he were able to, if he hadn't redshirted as a freshman). See him sit out a year, and go to a team that can make the NCAA tourney and help him raise his stock to get an NBA look. He's too nice of a kid, too talented, and too hard of a worker to end his career like this at HU. Really feel for him. He's done everything the right way, and everyone from Pecora to Halil, to Chaz, are all bailing on him. I wish he were in the position to do what's best for himself, too. It's ironic that he can't, because out of all of them, he would be the one to deserve that the most, and yet he's the one guy, who even if he were able to leave, would stay, just because of his character and his loyalty to his team.
    Well said, PPF, well said.

I hope Charles just continues to do his thing, and succeeds at everything he desires. After next year, I will miss watching him here at Hofstra. Hopefully an NBA team realizes his talents and snags him in 2nd round or signs him. I have no doubt he can make an NBA roster, even if it is as the 15th man, still on the roster.

Back on topic, I trust that Charles is good enough to lead this team to a winning record, with considering what he has, is impressive.