NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Default Re: Chaz Williams has asked for his release

Quote Originally Posted by DJHofstrafan View Post
    Truth.
    I am worried but not really worried. Because I think whoever the new head coach is - one of the current HU assistants or a new head coach that Hofstra will find players that can compete in the CAA.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCoolHofstra View Post
    I am worried but not really worried. Because I think whoever the new head coach is - one of the current HU assistants or a new head coach that Hofstra will find players that can compete in the CAA.
    I agree. I think DeMeo as the HC and Cassara as the Associate HC isn't that bad. I believe they can land some very good players. The team is going to have a world of scholarships open where they can make a very good team.

"Halil is immature and I will not wish him well or ever root for him. He didn't make that great a move. Going to St Joe's isnt worth leaving Hofstra. He made a childish decision because he is a child. I'm upset about Chaz leaving but at least he gave Welsh a shot. Halil bailed right away. These guys really play for a coach and have no attachment to a school I guess. I would have Hofstra in my blood after 1 season, I guess these guys dont."

Hey Dooku25,
    The only thing remotely immature about the decision Halil made was your comment in regard to it. He was doing what he thought was best. It's his life, and he's a student athlete: leave him alone. I think after the football program got axed and in the fashion it was axed, it's pretty clear that this school(the admin, not the student body or fans) does not give a rat's ass about its student athletes. Trust me, nothing was done to help those football players. You don't think the other athletes saw that. So chill with your Tony-tough guy comments. This is a horrible situation, and I only feel for the players, that's it. Everybody else is in it for themselves, so these plays have to do what's best for themselves, not some university whose athletic department is sinking faster than the titanic without a band. It's just too bad that somebody like CJ, who played his ass off for this university, has to go out like this.
    Last edited by rollpride; 05-04-2010 at 08:27 PM.

WOW. This one really stings. Pecora leaving, I was ecstatic. Welsh Leaving, I was also glad about, given the events. Frazier re-negging was a non event, Halil leaving was a bit of a shot. Chaz leaving is absolutely killing me. As angry as I want to get at him for choosing to bail, I can't really say I blame him.

These kids need fresh starts, whoever can transfer, should transfer. I feel for the kids that don't have options.... Charles, G-Wash, Lester, Imes, Jules, Kelleher, Moore, Bilbo.

Chaz needs to do whats best for him, kid has a bright future and I wish him all the best in the future. Tim Welsh set this school back..... But it's not something that cant be overcome, not be a long shot. Most importantly is getting a good coach that can build the program and stay the course. As much as I want Skinner because he is a hell of a coach, he's not going to stay, I just dont think its a good fit.

What's funny is Chaz saying he would never leave Hofstra and how he is going to finish at Hofstra. My ass.

I would rather Charles run the point anyway. Mike Moore can ball, and he adds size to the back court. We still have G-Wash and Nat who knows maybe they'll show up. If Chaz wants to leave who cares let him, he's a selfish player who plays for stats anyway; does not care about team basketball or W's. I know Chaz personally, and can tell you that is all fact.

Everyone blasting Chaz and Halil...you going to root for Mike Moore this year? Since he, you know, had the audacity to transfer?

Absolutely nobody should blame either kid for wanting to transfer--ESPECIALLY Chaz now. This program is in complete disarray. Kids only get one shot at a college career. Cannot blame them for wanting stability when HU is clearly not offering it, at least at the moment.

That said, maybe the new NEW right hire can keep Chaz on board.

Wow, this all stinks, huh guys????

LLLOOOOLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!

I think this blogger is going by one of this tweets saying "count me out." I do not think Chaz is leaving, Charles has him under him.
    Booze Crew Sports - A blog written by three Hofstra Students

Quote Originally Posted by Bull Fan View Post
    Wow, this all stinks, huh guys????

LLLOOOOLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!
    Bull Fan the only LOL is @you. You come onto a Hofstra message board and talk junk. Dont you have a life? Friends?

A person who laughs at others misfortunes is a loser at heart. I understand that you're a loser, and have no problem with the fact that you are one. If you are looking to expand your horizons maybe try and branch out a bit. Go on like umm, a Buffalo Bulls message board and bother those people. FWIW why are you even on here? You followed Hofstra Football? Thats cool. lol
    CAAzone Beer Pong Champion