HU
JMU
NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default ODU Beats Notre Dame

ONCE AGAIN, the CAA makes noise in the tourney.

I wonder what Vermont will do with the 16 seed against Syracuse out of the America East.

Again, it's not the league, it's that HU has to improve to get to where ODU is in New Olreans today.

The league has again and again, provided the opportunity. It's up to us to get good enough to take advantage of it, instead of complaining that we should have stayed in the America East.

Default Re: ODU Beats Notre Dame

And now Villanova is in a world of hurt vs. Robert Morris. Bad day for the coaches in the 2000 A-East title game.

Don't sleep on Vermont. Their best player is a Michigan State transfer and Syracuse isn't at full strength. Not saying the Catamounts will win, but it'll be a lot better than the usual 1 vs. 16.

We can start by firing Pecora. He SUCKS

Quote Originally Posted by Proud Pride Fan View Post
    The league has again and again, provided the opportunity. It's up to us to get good enough to take advantage of it, instead of complaining that we should have stayed in the America East.
    And the Hofstra Athletic Dept. needs to make good decisions and give programs the resources to compete with the top of the CAA. You can only "get good enough" if you are given the opportunity to do so. Hofstra's leadership has not showed that they are willing or able to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vander Poel Hall View Post
    Don't sleep on Vermont. Their best player is a Michigan State transfer and Syracuse isn't at full strength. Not saying the Catamounts will win, but it'll be a lot better than the usual 1 vs. 16.
    I agree, but 'Cuse still has too many athletes and will take care of them even without the big fella.

Quote Originally Posted by Proud Pride Fan View Post
    ONCE AGAIN, the CAA makes noise in the tourney.

I wonder what Vermont will do with the 16 seed against Syracuse out of the America East.

Again, it's not the league, it's that HU has to improve to get to where ODU is in New Olreans today.

Again, it is the league. Or at least the league in combination with the coach.

Tom Pecora has had 9 years to prove he can win a CAA regular season or tournament title and has proven he cannot do so.

That said, congrats to ODU. I was there when they beat Nova in '95 for their last tourney win and there today.

Quote Originally Posted by mainejeff2 View Post
    And the Hofstra Athletic Dept. needs to make good decisions and give programs the resources to compete with the top of the CAA. You can only "get good enough" if you are given the opportunity to do so. Hofstra's leadership has not showed that they are willing or able to do that.
    And, just what resources do you think they are lacking???

Quote Originally Posted by HUSID80 View Post
    And, just what resources do you think they are lacking???

What a loaded question.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Again, it is the league. Or at least the league in combination with the coach.

Tom Pecora has had 9 years to prove he can win a CAA regular season or tournament title and has proven he cannot do so.

That said, congrats to ODU. I was there when they beat Nova in '95 for their last tourney win and there today.
    Getting the opportunity to get blasted by Syracuse does nothing for me. You can keep all the 16-seeded berths.

I'd rather keep trying to improve to do what ODU did on Thursday and take a shot at Baylor on Saturday. If we fail to get the opportunity, so be it. But, I'd rather keep trying to do that, than wish we were still in the AE just so we can be Syracuse's tuneup for Gonzaga. You can keep that.

CAA beats Notre Dame American Least gets flat out blasted by Syracuse w/o their top big man...Draw your own conclusions