HU
JMU
NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Small Town America, clingin' to my guns & religion

Default T-Mac's Homecourt Detriment Theory: Would W&M Have Lost in Williamsburg?

A couple season's back Mason lost a close game in overtime playing @ then #18 Wake Forest.

Poster T-Mac, then going by the name T-McGriddle opined Mason would have lost the game outright if playing in Fairfax, the genesis of the Homecourt Detriment theory.

The reason that I didn't mention that GMU played Wake at home was because the home crowd was nearly a non-factor. Playing at home was probably more of a detriment than it was an advantage for Wake. Wake didn't even sell out for GMU. They sell out probably 85% of their games, so that should show you how Wake fans felt about GMU as a team. If the fans didn't even care enough to show up, how pumped for the game do you think the Wake players were? If Wake played at GMU, it'd likely have been a different team--much more focused.
    http://boards.caazone.com/showthread...vantage&page=2

My question then to T-Mac, but I welcome others to chime in, "Do you think W&M would have lost this game if played in Williamsburg?"

If not, what has changed in the "homecourt detriment" theory that would impact this outcome?
    I have a son. He looks like Brian Terry.

Default Re: T-Mac's Homecourt Detriment Theory: Would W&M Have Lost in Williamsburg?

Apparently not, I've never seen a Kaplan arena sell out.

How much was at the 58-55 ODU victory...like 6,000?
    "The winner ain't the guy with the fastest car...its the guy who refuses to lose."

"Get out of the race car if you've got feathers on your legs. Put a kerosene rag around your ankles so the ants won't climb up and eat that candy ass."

- Dale Earnhardt

Default Re: T-Mac's Homecourt Detriment Theory: Would W&M Have Lost in Williamsburg?

Dear Mod: This thread appears solely as a thread to solicit pissing on T-Mac. I am offended. Since the Mod police are out in full force, i ask that you ban Hugh for one month. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by ODU89 View Post
    Dear Mod: This thread appears solely as a thread to solicit pissing on T-Mac. I am offended. Since the Mod police are out in full force, i ask that you ban Hugh for one month. Thank you.
    If I have or do personally attack anyone on this thread, I'm in full agreement w/punitive actions to occur.

I have simply reposted a comment from another poster and asked if it still applies in a similar circumstance. If not, then why?

Can you tell me what portion of that you're offended by 89, or is this simply another situation, like the dozens and dozens you've posted on the Mason boards where you look to start trouble?

Either way, I'd love to hear your opinion on the "homecourt detriment" theory in the case of W&M's win @ Wake.

Agreed, an even handed response is due. If Jablomi posting about a CAA player was grounds for a suspension, surely Hugh's attempt at baiting a pissing match is grounds for at least the same punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Akston View Post
    Can you tell me what portion of that you're offended by 89, or is this simply another situation, like the dozens and dozens you've posted on the Mason boards where you look to start trouble?
    I am trying to avoid trouble, hence my first post.

Two thirds of Hugh's posts in the last week or so have been directed at me. You'd think one of the Mods would prove that there isn't a heavy Mason bias when dolling out punishment by treating Hugh just like he would be treated if he were a poster from any other school. Mods, prove to us that you're not all as ridiculously biased as you appear to be.

There's a Mason bias here?

Oh that's not going to be good for us Old Dominioners.
    "The winner ain't the guy with the fastest car...its the guy who refuses to lose."

"Get out of the race car if you've got feathers on your legs. Put a kerosene rag around your ankles so the ants won't climb up and eat that candy ass."

- Dale Earnhardt

Quote Originally Posted by T-Mac View Post
    Agreed, an even handed response is due. If Jablomi posting about a CAA player was grounds for a suspension, surely Hugh's attempt at baiting a pissing match is grounds for at least the same punishment.
    Can you point out the portion of my post that is offensive here?

I don't see it, but if I've missed something, I'll gladly remove it and apologize.

Seems to me all I've done is take a past statement of yours, one you've repeatedly said you still stand by, and ask if it's still valid in a similar circumstance.

You seem to be very sensitive about this.

So again, do you think W&M loses this game in Williamsburg? Or is there some other change in the "homecourt detriment" theory I'm not seeing here.

Quote Originally Posted by ConradODU10 View Post
    There's a Mason bias here?
    Stick around Rookie, you will soon learn.