JMU
NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Men's Basketball at William & Mary January 16, 2010

Quote Originally Posted by tribe_pride 2 View Post
    If TP has game tape from Thursday (which was on tv), he knows as much as any of us knows. Kitts only played 10 minutes when he had to come out and never went back in. The rest is just speculation by our fans.
    I know, I was just joking. Really, because some question how much our staff would pay attention to something like that. I'm sure they would know (then again, Chaz Willams hurt is ankle in a TV game at ODU on Saturday and like I said, VCU had no clue he'd be out on Tuesday).

Yeah, I saw from the stats that he played 10 min. Ankle sprains are tough on a short turnaround. Even if he plays, his effectiveness could likely be limited.

Quote Originally Posted by Proud Pride Fan View Post
    I wouldn't worry. The fact that he hasn't missed any full games yet, and that he played in the last one, I'd bet Hofstra doesn't even know he's hurt and could miss this one. VCU prepped for Chaz Williams and Coach Smart had no clue that Williams wasn't going to play until they started playing and Smart didn't see him on the floor. Of course, if Pecroa or anyone from the staff reads this board now, and can make a few last minute adjustments... : ) DJ, how about another e-mail to TP advising him Kitts could be out. Sorry, WML, we need all the help we can get! Good luck today... but not TOO much. ; )
    HAHAHA. I should send him an email regarding that. I have basically campaigned on this site to coach the team. I mean I would use this site as a means of communication before every game, lol.

PPF, that gave me a laugh.

Mike Litos of the CAA: Life As a Mid-Major blog is at the HU & W&M game and reporting that Chaz is in uniform and will give it a try tonight. W&M forward Marcus Kitts is out, which helps HU down low.

http://tribeathletics.com/files/mbb/live/xlive.htm has live stats. That's my favorite format for live stats and the format Hofstra used to have but unfortunately changed.

Edit: That website says the starters are:

Hofstra: Miklos Sazbo, Greg Washington, Nathaniel Lester, Charles Jenkins, and Cornelius Vines
    William & Mary: Steven Hess, Quinn McDowell, David Schneider, Danny Sumner, and Sean McCurdy

http://www.nmnathletics.com/fls/8500...M.HTM#team.ind has William & Mary's statistics. It will be the first game for them with a different starting lineup with Kitts being replaced by Hess.

Edit: WRHU said William & Mary averages 3,000 or 4,000 attendance but they average 2,492 so far this season.
    Hofstra leads 4-2.

Edit: Hofstra leads 8-6 in points, 11-4 in rebounds, and 6-0 in offensive rebounds. Nobody has more than 2 points.

Edit: Hofstra leads 13-12. Kanacevic has the only three-pointer for either team.

Edit: Walk-on Matt Grogan has played and Chaz Williams hasn't.

Edit: Jenkins made a three, Hofstra leads 16-14, and Williams is in the game.

Edit: Sean McCurdy got fouled in the act of shooting a three and missed all three free throws.

Edit: Kanacevic scored to end William & Mary's 11-0 run. We're down 25-24.

Edit: With 3:18 left in the first half Hofstra leads 31-30 after William & Mary was up 6 at 25-19. Kanacevic leads Hofstra with 10 points followed by Jenkins with 9, all from three-pointers. William & Mary has made only 1 of 7 threes and 7 of 13 free throws.

Edit: We lead 38-37 at halftime. Lester has 7 points and 8 rebounds. His career-high is 11 rebounds. Vines has 4 assists, Jenkins has 3, and no other Hofstra player has an assist. David Schneider leads all scorers with 12.

Edit: Hofstra has only 6 turnovers at halftime and our two players with assists, Vines and Jenkins, both have no turnovers.
    Last edited by EvanJ; 01-16-2010 at 08:06 PM.

I'll start a new post for the second half.

William & Mary is up 5 at 43-38 after they made two threes.

Hofstra went on a 6-0 run and will have the ball up 44-43 with 15:55 left after a mdeia timeout.

Hofstra's 9-0 run is over. We lead 47-45.

Hofstra leads 49-46 with 11:23 left. William & Mary has not blocked a shot yet.

We're up 51-46 and Jenkins has 15 points.

We lead 55-48 which is the first 7 point lead of the game for either team. Not anymore as William & Mary got a basket and foul.

Vines has tied a career-high with 6 assists.

Our lead is down to 58-57.

We went 5:38 without scoring before Jenkins made two free throws.
    Last edited by EvanJ; 01-16-2010 at 08:55 PM.

You know has anyone else realized that Jenkins stays in the whole game unless he fouls out or is in early foul trouble. Does anyone think he gets tired towards end of games. I mean if Pecora just gave him a rest say at the 15minute mark in the 2nd half and puts him in he would probably be better. I am afraid he is getting worn out as every game goes on.

The Final 7 minutes of the game Jenkins went 0 for 7 from the field 2 for 3 at the line with 1 turnover. I did not see the game, so they could have been poor shots, but I think fatigue definitely plays a role.

what did TP say after the game i was at work....."early pain for late gain"?? ha

All of a suddden all of Jenkins open shots were contested by our 6ft7in Danny Sumner on him causing havoc on his shots...he had to have worn down.IMO
    "Stay thirsty my friends"

Considering the amount of minutes Jenkins play with his only rest at halftime it is obvious that he wears down at the end of games in crunch time. I think Pecora should consider having him on the bench early in the 2nd half for 2-3 game clock minutes so he can play the last 12-13 minutes of the game straight. Even the stars gets a rest.