JMU
NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Default MBB: Hofstra @ ODU - 1/9/10

Default Re: MBB: Hofstra @ ODU - 1/9/10

The team needs to play a hard 40 minutes. Chaz Williams needs to play like a PG that does not turn the ball over a lot. He's a great player we need him to continue playing like one, minus the turnovers. This is a good ODU team even if we contain Gerald Lee that does not mean we will win they have other strong options. I think the keys for us winning are the following.
    1. Shoot a high percentage. Driving to basket, taking uncontested shots.
    2. Getting to the line. We have not been able to do this all season
    3. Limit the turnovers.
    The team follows those three things they are going to win. I don't care that the game is in Virginia (I know it matters), but this is a team that can win.

Quote Originally Posted by DJHofstrafan View Post
    The team needs to play a hard 40 minutes. Chaz Williams needs to play like a PG that does not turn the ball over a lot. He's a great player we need him to continue playing like one, minus the turnovers. This is a good ODU team even if we contain Gerald Lee that does not mean we will win they have other strong options. I think the keys for us winning are the following.
    1. Shoot a high percentage. Driving to basket, taking uncontested shots.
    2. Getting to the line. We have not been able to do this all season
    3. Limit the turnovers.
    The team follows those three things they are going to win. I don't care that the game is in Virginia (I know it matters), but this is a team that can win.
    Re #1. We have been getting good looks; we need to make open shots. We've been missing wide open jumpers and even layups/putbacks. I look for Nat to step up

Quote Originally Posted by joeg1 View Post
    Re #1. We have been getting good looks; we need to make open shots. We've been missing wide open jumpers and even layups/putbacks. I look for Nat to step up
    That is true, but the team has open space where they decide not to drive and take the 3 or long jumper. If Vines wants to get playing time again he should continue driving to the hoop. If he does it, others will do it, and then the team can kick it out for open looks. Once this team gets it then Jenkins is going to become a scary player. He's so much better when the rest of the team performs well, and when he is not forcing his shots.

This is a game where our bigs have to step up defensively and on the glass because of Gerald Lee. He will get his, because he's that good, but GW has to make it tough on him, block some shots, without getting 3 or 4 fouls in 10 min. of play this time (not too much to ask in a game like this??). And, we need Halil and Szabo to help out on the glass and just make Lee work. If it's another easy game for Lee against us, it will signal big trouble.

Score Predictions:
    Ken Pomeroy: Old Dominion 65, Hofstra 53
    Michael Litos: Old Dominion 59, Hofstra 56

Hofstra had a nice run @ ODU shortly after entering the league. It was the beginnings of a nice little rivalry that benefitted both schools.

After the NIT quarters (@HU), the rivalry has lost a little luster. However, this will as hard a home win for ODU as we see all season.

I watched you guys v. Charlotte and saw Spears have his way - if that is the HU coming to the TED, then your prospects are not good. However, I expect Pecora to have a solid game plan and this to be a low-scoring and brutally physical contest. Will probably look a lot like the CAA quarters last year.

I have an extra Blue Room Ticket for any Hofstra fan that makes the trip. Your program has been successful and respected through the years, and I'd be happy to buy someone who makes the trip a beer.

Here's to an entertaining and well-played game.

Will be tough to beat us at home:
    http://hamptonroads.com/2010/01/mona...t-court-fervor

"Entering today's game against Hofstra, ODU has sent 16 straight visitors home in a lousy mood, building a streak that ranks ninth in the nation. "

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by ODU89 View Post
    Will be tough to beat us at home:
    http://hamptonroads.com/2010/01/mona...t-court-fervor

"Entering today's game against Hofstra, ODU has sent 16 straight visitors home in a lousy mood, building a streak that ranks ninth in the nation. "

Good luck!
    Didn't we end two long home court win streaks of yours in recent years?

Newsday says Old Dominion is favored by 12.