HU
JMU
NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default Save Hofstra Football - Organized and Need Your Support

On behalf of the Save Hofstra Football organization I would like to wish everyone a Happy and Healthy New Year.

We have filed the paperwork on the 501c Corporation and have built the official website at www.savehofstrafootball.org. Here we will be able to coordinate our efforts and take online donations to support our cause. The past 3 weeks have seen much activity and some great progress. We have had numerous conversations with elected officials who share our concerns about the negative impact of losing Hofstra Football. We are recieving donations and have begun to build our war chest. We have also had conversations with past administrators at Hofstra who have shared valuable insight and guidance to our best path to take. There have been conversations with other area Athletic Directors who have shared other options that could and should have been investigated by Stuey. The Nassau County High School Coaches association has agreed to join our efforts as have many prominent alumni from other sports at Hofstra. They all share our concern over the future this administration has planned for our Alma Mater. On a whole we have gathered now to become nearly 12,000 strong between our Facebook, Linkedin and general distribution lists.

Here is a brief overview of upcoming events: On Saturday January 16th we will be hosting a Fundraiser with a silent auction from. 4-8PM. Please invite everyone you know and bring the families. Some items to be auctioned are NFL memorabilia generously donated by Dave Fiore and Wayne Chrebet, golf foursomes at some notable area courses (Winged Foot and Westchester to name a few). We are looking for an and all volunteers to help us with donating items and organizing the event. If you are able to help, please go to our website and join our team. The event will be held at the Public House in NYC, http://www.publichousenyc.com/.

Another event is going to be our first save hofstra football rally on January 19th. We will be meeting at Bar Social located directly across the street from Hofstra, formerly, Bogarts, Pendeltons, Bills Meadowbrook etc. We plan to meet at 5:30 to organize our group. We will then head over to the Mack Arena to attend the Men's Basketball game which is being nationally televised on ESPNU. We will be selling T-shirts supporting Hofstra Football to wear into the arena in a show of support.

In February after the NFL season we plan to hold another silent auction with some of today's current NFL stars such as Marques Colston and Willie Colon.

We need volunteers (no matter where you reside). Please go our website and join our team - make mention as to what you would like to do. Thank You!!

Have a safe and Happy New Year.

Default Re: Save Hofstra Football - Organized and Need Your Support

How much actual cash are these former/current NFL players giving?

I am unable to get into the city on Saturday but the fundraisers on Long Island I should be able to attend. I need a phone number in order to donate some items for the auction. Please PM me with a number and a contact.
    Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most!

@joeg1 - Hi. We are not going to publicize how much people donate, but we are very pleased and grateful for the support that we are getting from all participants.

@stuball888 - Hi. Would you mind registering via our website and someone will get in touch with you in a few days. www.savehofstrafootball.org. Thank you for your support.

This is all fine and dandy, but where was this kind of support when the team was here? I know that people weren't setting up silent auctions and rallies and all this good stuff on their own before the team got disbanded. Best of luck to you, but I think it's a day late and a buck short.
    2002, 2005, and 2014 ECRHA Champions. twitter.com/HofstraHockey

i think this is a scam!! where is the money going when football doesnt come back? it is not going to come back give up and remember it for what it was. NOBODY went to the game!! NOBODY cared everyone had a chance to save football by just showing up but they didnt.......let it go

Maybe if the administration had a spine, and they would give the sport a chance to respond, before pulling the rug out from underneath them, there would have been more support before the decision.

But instead, the decision was made in the dark of night, and was announced before there was ever a chance for a public response.

I hope this organization forces the current administration to eat their poor decision.

The legacy of some great men (Shuart, Gardi, Howdy Myers, the hundreds of players through the years) was not only tarnished, but effectively removed with one gutless decision.

Here's to Hofstra football suiting up once again for Spring Practice (or, at the VERY least, before the close of the next decade... they can't keep us down forever).

We recognize the criticism in terms of where was the alumni support in years past. Actually everyone behind this effort would admit that we were lulled into a false sense of security about the Program. But with that said, we are now not going to let it go!

What did the latest administration do to let anyone know that the Progrtam was in jeopardy of being cancelled? Why did we all get requests to donate to Football just a month prior to the decision? We spoke with various members of the BOT who admitted to being asked to "rubber stamp" the President's decision without ever fully understanding all the "analysis" or even being able to look at alternatives. You call this full transparency.

More importantly, this is certainly not a scam. We have officially filed to become incorporated and will adhere to all regulations required. The money will be fully accounted for and will go towards all efforts required to bring back Football. Anyone wishing to know more can email us at info@savehofstrafootball.org - leave us your phone number and we"ll give you a call to discuss further. We take this very serious.

Finally, we ask that you keep an eye on our progress and fully understand the facts behind the latest Administration's decision (and the road they took to get there). I promise that you will be shocked.

Come visit our web site for current updates www.savehofstrafootball.org

Thanks and Happy New Year to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris31 View Post
    We spoke with various members of the BOT who admitted to being asked to "rubber stamp" the President's decision without ever fully understanding all the "analysis" or even being able to look at alternatives.
    As I posted here once before, you know anybody on the BOT willing to go on the record about anything like that, and I'll listen to any and all for a story.

E-mail me at jacks [at] nytimes.com

You won't reach me otherwise, because I won't be registering for any "protest group."

I for one am very appreciative of those who have put this effort together to save football. Clearly those behind organizing this are dedicating a lot of their own time and probably money to try to make this happen. They should be applauded, not criticized.

As a long time Pride Club board member I would like to reach out to other Pride Club members who may read this message board. I know many of you who donate to the club support other sports as well. I also realize that many of you donate to the club at or beyond the level needed to obtain basketball season tickets (as do I). For those who donate more than this minimum I would ask that you reduce your support of athletics to the $100 minimum needed for the ticket discount. This will send a message to the university as financial support declines. I would then ask those of you who support football or do not agree with the way the school administration is conducting itself to donate the difference to the Save Hofstra Football organization. We need to fight a school administration and president that has no regard for its constituency beyond using them as a source of revenue.