Elon
HU
JMU
NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Cool Over 1,000 tickets sold the first day!

As I expected, GSU has sold over a thousand football season tickets in its first day. Oh yeah baby, we are packing the DOME!

http://www.georgiastatesports.com/Vi...CLID=204843682
    Last edited by SaintDK10; 12-07-2009 at 11:44 PM.
    "See this?! This a football position! I strike like a cobra!!!" - Coach Pugh, GSU's first ever football practice.

Default Re: Over 1,000 tickets sold the first day!

That's incredible, absolutely incredible!!

I hate to beat a dead horse. But, why haven't we done this 20 years ago? I mean really?! In one day, all this was done.

We are watching history. I got my popcorn ready. Greatness was born today, not forgetting all the hard work over this last year and especially not forgetting all the hard work that was done in the Panther Club Football. We are really standing on the shoulders of those giants in Panther Club Football.

History indeed. There were so many students and alumni on this board alone who knew this was possible if the administration would just take the initiative, and for years we were told by Patton that it can't and won't be done. We now have the leadership to take us to the next level as an athletic program and the future is as bright as it gets for us.

How fitting that the first football ticket was sold to a former club football player... I wish I could have been there to be one of the first 50 fans to purchase a ticket. That helmet signed by Curry will be worth thousands of dollars 10 years from now.
    "See this?! This a football position! I strike like a cobra!!!" - Coach Pugh, GSU's first ever football practice.

Timbo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SaintDK10 View Post
    History indeed. There were so many students and alumni on this board alone who knew this was possible if the administration would just take the initiative, and for years we were told by Patton that it can't and won't be done. We now have the leadership to take us to the next level as an athletic program and the future is as bright as it gets for us.

How fitting that the first football ticket was sold to a former club football player... I wish I could have been there to be one of the first 50 fans to purchase a ticket. That helmet signed by Curry will be worth thousands of dollars 10 years from now.
    Fitting, staged, or most likely both. :-)

Doesn't matter, just need the calendar to advance to 9/2/10!

Good for you, guys. Keep it going.

We have come a long way in a short time. http://boards.caazone.com/showthread.php?t=36936

That much is for sure. I am so proud of my university.

Congrats, guys. I know from personal experience how exciting it is.

Do you know how many season tix they are expecting to sell? We sold approx. 6,000 on the first day, and a total of about 14,000. With the capacity of the Dome, you guys have a HUGE opportunity there...
    Of course, this is just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Congrats, guys. I know from personal experience how exciting it is.

Do you know how many season tix they are expecting to sell? We sold approx. 6,000 on the first day, and a total of about 14,000. With the capacity of the Dome, you guys have a HUGE opportunity there...
    You guys sold 6K tickets in the first week, not the first day, according to your own administration. Our goal is to sell 10,000 but obviously we have plenty room for more if we reach that number.

This is awesome! I have one more year of student tickets available, but I hate it because I want to have season tickets from the very first season on. Just trying to save a buck. This is great though.

This topic was specifically made to celebrate that GSU has done what most thought was impossible. We appreciate the congratulation. But, I'll say no thanks for your showboating, especially if you are telling lies.