HU
JMU
NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 2009-2010 MBB Schedule?

It is the last day of August and no MBB schedule is out yet. In years past it was always out at about this time. The ladies have a partial schedule on their site. What is up with the men's?
    "Panthers moving left to right across your radio dial." - Dave "The Voice" Cohen

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been wondering the same thing! Come Wednesday, we are expecting to have the 2010 football schedule before we have the 2009 basketball schedule! lol

Plus, like have have mentioned, by this point we usually have had at least one if not more updates on how the team is looking throughout the summer and this year, nothing.

Just glanced through the archives and we got the schedule on 09/03 last year so I guess we got it later last year too. Just is strange that we will have the 2010 footbal schedule before the 09 bball one.

Also by this time last year there had been information on the website about tickets being on sale back august, season ticket renewal, a summer preview, and a summer update with Coach Barnes. Unfortunate it seems they have become a little distracted with the coming of football.

http://www.georgiastatesports.com/SportArchives.dbml

its a good thing. Trust me when you have football coming up, you're not that worried at all about basketball. About this time last year we were all chomping at the bits wondering when we would ever hear anything about basketball. This is your last season with that feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by 1913 View Post
    Just glanced through the archives and we got the schedule on 09/03 last year so I guess we got it later last year too. Just is strange that we will have the 2010 footbal schedule before the 09 bball one.

Also by this time last year there had been information on the website about tickets being on sale back august, season ticket renewal, a summer preview, and a summer update with Coach Barnes. Unfortunate it seems they have become a little distracted with the coming of football.

http://www.georgiastatesports.com/SportArchives.dbml
    Last year expectations were really high...so I am wondering if they are trying to temper their enthusiasm this year.

Football scheduling and basketball scheduling are too different animals. College football schedules are put together years in advance. While college basketball schedules are usually put together the summer before the season. So it doesn't surprise me that we are getting the football schedule so early...it is just that it seems the basketball schedule is late...but like you said it didn't come out until 09/03 last year (which was after Labor Day)...this year Labor Day is 09/07...so maybe we'll get it this week or next week at the latest.
    "Panthers moving left to right across your radio dial." - Dave "The Voice" Cohen

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I ask some lower powers that be and it was suggested that we would see the schedule about the same time as the football event which is this coming Wed.

Definitely no need for concern. James Madison just released there schedule yesterday: http://breezejmu.org/2009/08/31/jmu-...nces-schedule/

Eastern Michigan did three days ago as they will come to the Sports Arena on Dec. 19th: http://www.emueagles.com/news/2009/8...828090549.aspx

NC State still hasn't set the date that we will play them but it looks like Nov. 12 or 14th according to their site.

Quote Originally Posted by g state ben View Post
    NC State still hasn't set the date that we will play them but it looks like Nov. 12 or 14th according to their site.
    Whoa whoa whoa...I didn't know NC State was possibly on the schedule...nice little gem you slipped in there Ben
    Last edited by GSU Mens BB Fan; 09-01-2009 at 10:08 AM. Reason: To figure out why my Smiley didn't work...and it still isn't working.

Quote Originally Posted by GSU Mens BB Fan View Post
    Whoa whoa whoa...I didn't know NC State was possibly on the schedule...nice little gem you slipped in there Ben
    http://boards.caazone.com/showthread.php?t=82384
    http://www.georgiastatesports.com/Vi...ATCLID=3761114

Oh yeah ...that's right....the Glen Wilkes Classic...brain fart. Thanks.