Elon
HU
JMU
NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Default Love the heart showed by the lady dukes

I can live with a loss when we leave it all on the court. Still not sure how the game got as close as it did - I guess hitting those 3 pointers late.

In the few games I've seen this year - I can tell the weakness of this team is not having another consistent scoring threat other than Dawn. A lot will say Dawn takes too many shots, but in reality she needs to based on the other personel on the court. When she's not on the court - it's hard to find points. I thought the turning point of the game came midway in the first hallf when Dawn was on the bench for 2 minutes - a 16-14 JMU lead turned into a 20-16 Drexel lead. It seemed like that really gave them confidence and got them going. Sarah - really, really struggled today.

I can see why Gabby on their team was the POY. She's a real good player. Also their Senior PG was a great asset late in a game when Drexel has a lead. They seemed to be able to keep the ball in their two best player's hands late in the game which lead to few misses at the FF line.

I'll root for Drexel in the NCAA's - they seem like a real class team. VCU seems like a bunch of thugs to me, and I don't care for their attitudes. Props to Drexel's fans and their team. They won the tourney on the road in a hostile environment. They won the regular season. That got what they deserved.

If we had made a few shots in the second half prior to the last 5 minutes - the convo and us fans probably could of willed the team to victory. No doubt this team will be in the NIT, but in all honesty it's night and day playing in the NCAA turnament versus the NIT.

Kinda weird the last two games having other CAA teams use our locker room. If we win the regular season next year we won't have to worry about that. This team is not as good as Kenny's last three. Just not the same overall talent, but if this team can come up with one more consistent scoring threat - they can be NCAA bound the next two years.
    JMU, The Pride of VA and Ohio

Default Re: Love the heart showed by the lady dukes

Agreed on all points, Dukester. This team definitely needs a second option to take some of the pressure off of Dawn, and Kenny needs to foster that in the other players. Confidence will go a long way with this group of young ladies.
    FIRE BOURNE! FIRE KING!
    Is Kenny allowed to coach both the men's and the women's team?
    JMU Reprazent - Dawg Pound style!

(Disclaimer: The beliefs stated in my posts are my own and should not be attributed to any outside influence. Some might be posted under the influence, however...)

It was a great atmosphere and worth the two hour drive.

I thought two keys were our inability to convert offensive rebounds to lay-up baskets in the first half and poor free-throw shooting throughout the game. We worked hard to get the ball inside, but needed to do a better job of converting.

Great effort and I thought we might just come all the way back, but Drexel really played a good game and you have to say they deserved the win.

Congratulations, Kenny and good luck in the WNIT. You deserve to keep playing.
    King George, VA - Birthplace of James Madison and Homeplace of three JMU Hall of Famers; and OJF!

I think Brittney Crowell is going to become that second scoring option.

The team really missed Lauren Jimenez's inside presence today. Still, the tough loss and missing out on the NCAAs will be a lesson the team can grow by. The entire team comes back next year (except for Ugdah). Dawn has two more years, as do Jalissa Taylor and Lauren. Add the impressive freshmen in this year's class (I'm particularly thinking Crowell and Francisco), plus the good size in Freshmen Connely and Shepherd, add a top scoring threat/recruit in the backcourt, and Voila! KB has a team that is on a trajectory for years of NCAA play.

Should be interesting to see how the LMs respond to the end of their historic run. Word is Wendy Harry has set her sight on recruiting some overseas talent. Maybe she'll find a new hairdresser too. She'll have to do something as it became apparent that the cupboard is almost barren in ODU land. Anyway, despite today's loss, it's a whole new day in the CAA when it comes to WBB, and I like where KB has the program positioned.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHYqg...eature=related

"Don't be an idiot son, I can't coach idiots" ~Mickey Matthews

Quote Originally Posted by Longhorn
    The team really missed Lauren Jimenez's inside presence today. Still, the tough loss and missing out on the NCAAs will be a lesson the team can grow by. The entire team comes back next year (except for Ugdah). Dawn has two more years, as do Jalissa Taylor and Lauren. Add the impressive freshmen in this year's class (I'm particularly thinking Crowell and Francisco), plus the good size in Freshmen Connely and Shepherd, add a top scoring threat/recruit in the backcourt, and Voila! KB has a team that is on a trajectory for years of NCAA play.

Should be interesting to see how the LMs respond to the end of their historic run. Word is Wendy Harry has set her sight on recruiting some overseas talent. Maybe she'll find a new hairdresser too. She'll have to do something as it became apparent that the cupboard is almost barren in ODU land. Anyway, despite today's loss, it's a whole new day in the CAA when it comes to WBB, and I like where KB has the program positioned.
    We also lose Kisha....but I agree with you that we will be making NCAA apperances in the years to come

Also, Kenny said the Tarik Hislop will be that 2nd scoring option

We are a very young team and I honestly didn't think we'd get this far. This was supposed to be a rebuilding year after we lost T. I really think that the next 2 years will be 2 great years for JMU that I think we'll be getting in the NCAA's and getting a couple wins.
    JMU: Better than you since 1908 ---- [[ GODUKZ ]]

The Windbreaker