WM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default a bye still very possible....

IF:
    - we beat W&M (likely)
    - Hofstra beats UNCW (likely)
    - ODU loses to NU (possible)
    Then we would all wind up 11-7 and we would win the tie-braker

Gotta take it one game at a time.. I will be watching that Hofstra 4pm game closely on MSG... then ODU/NU at 6pm.. we tip off at 7 so we will know the significance of the game around halftime....

Default Re: a bye still very possible....

Wow, that 3-way thing with HU sure makes things more interesting. This will be the 1st time ever that I will be rooting heavilly for Hofstra--

Go Huskies & Pride, but like you said we gotta worry about taking care of our own business first and foremost
    let's go DU

BACK in Center City... Thats how we roll on Mole

F it. I want the 6. Much friendlier bracket.
    Follow the Dragons all season long, http://dragonsspeak.blogspot.com Thanks for the support!
    Follow the blog on twitter @DragonsSpeak

I'd like the 6 too at this point although I don't think we will get it. I think we end up with the #5 which is the worst seed to have (just our luck).

At least playing on Friday we will have extra practice shooting lay-ups and free throws. That may help...then again, it may not help.

I gotta dissagree with you guys on this one, I'd take 3 games over 4 regardless of brackets. 4 games in 4 days is brutal and tiring, and it never seems to end up that those play-in teams go very far at all. Or maybe I just don't want to have to use a vacation day on Friday since us being in the championship game will make me take off Monday too
    let's go DU

Bye or no bye, I think we will most likely be playing ODU at Saturday, no? Not my favorite match-up. But to be the best, you've got to beat the best, right?

EDIT: Looks like if ODU beats NU (and we beat WM), we get the 5 seed set up to play NU at 4. I wouldn't mind that. Better than ODU, IMO.

EDIT EDIT: Nevermind. NU would still hold the tie-breaker over ODU since NU was 1-0 vs. VCU and ODU was 1-1.
    Keep Bruiser!!!

DP, right and wrong. Right about us having the 5 them having the 4 scenerio. However the other scenerio, if ODU loses to NU, has us 4, HU 5 and ODU 6.

The only other likely scenerio that I see for us is if we lose @ W+M, we either fall to 6 or 7, pending JMU's game at UD, at which point we would be lined up to play the 2 or 3 seed on Saturday if we got there... Which i don't think is bad news for us, it will likely be Mason or Northeastern.

Only way we play ODU is if they win and so do we on Saturday. Then us v ODU is the 4/5 game. But if Lee is injured like some people are mentioning on the main board...
    Follow the Dragons all season long, http://dragonsspeak.blogspot.com Thanks for the support!

Quote Originally Posted by MetSox
    DP, right and wrong. Right about us having the 5 them having the 4 scenerio. However the other scenerio, if ODU loses to NU, has us 4, HU 5 and ODU 6.

The only other likely scenerio that I see for us is if we lose @ W+M, we either fall to 6 or 7, pending JMU's game at UD, at which point we would be lined up to play the 2 or 3 seed on Saturday if we got there... Which i don't think is bad news for us, it will likely be Mason or Northeastern.

Only way we play ODU is if they win and so do we on Saturday. Then us v ODU is the 4/5 game. But if Lee is injured like some people are mentioning on the main board...
    Are you sure? By my calculation, a three-way tie between us, ODU, and Hofstra would play out as follows:

4 Drexel (2-0 vs. Hof, 0-1 vs. ODU)
    5 ODU (1-0 vs. Drex, 0-1 vs. Hof)
    6 Hofstra (1-0 vs. ODU, 0-2 vs. Drex)

I could be wrong.
    Keep Bruiser!!!

Damn, you're right. Forgot HU/ODU only played once, f the unbalanced schedule.

Lets just lose saturday then

I don't care who we are playing, I'll take the bye if we can get it.

By virtue of our win over VCU, NU is no worse than the #3 seed.

We beat ODU, GMU and VCU both win, we're #2 (we hold tiebreaker over GMU).

We beat ODU, GMU loses, VCU wins, We're still #2

We lost to ODU, GMU loses, VCU wins, We're #2

We beat ODU, VCU loses, we're #1 - head to head over VCU.

We're #3 if we lose and VCU and GMU win.
    Northeastern Athletics is NOT a Sociology Experiment..... abr