Elon
HU
JMU
NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Greatest Cinderella of All Time (NCAA '09)

I don't post very often, but I found this article while looking for Birthday/Christmas presents for my husband -- it looks like Mason won the voting for greatest cinderella of all time and will be in NCAA Basketball 2009

Here's the link to the blog:
    http://www.operationsports.com/feature.php?id=749

I guess I'll definitely be buying this since he can't wait to play as Lamar Butler one last time

Default Re: Greatest Cinderella of All Time (NCAA '09)

GREAT find... man I can't wait to get this game now!!! Hopefully they give us more love in this game then they did in the 2006 version where we were awful... (according to them)
    I got nothin'

Cool. For the by the decades stuff, why can't they name names?

Anyway:
    1950s: Bill Russell; Wilt; no idea who the La Salle dude is (Tom Gola?)
    1960s: Jerry Lucas?; 2nd one's obviously Kareem
    1970s: Maravich; Bird and Magic
    1980s: Isiah?; Hakeem & Drexler; Jordan &?; David Robinson; the Georgetown dude's either Ewing, Mutombo, or Alonzo (I guess Ewing)
    1990s: The Wake Forest dude is Duncan

EDIT: I hate how we PS2 users get shafted :x :x
    Only $30 though

Quote Originally Posted by ACW
    Cool. For the by the decades stuff, why can't they name names?
    I think it has something to do with the fact that the NCAA does not allow the selling of player names and licenses, unlike the NBA where everything is 'merchandise,' 'or something like that. The players are supposed to be student-athletes and hence aren't allowed to make money off their sport.
    -"In the case of our current economic situation, half of 'myself' thinks that I had a near collapse because I had too much government supervision and the other half of myself thinks that I fell apart because of too little, and I am as if torn in half between these two mutually exclusive and contradictory belief systems. We have a divided mind, a 'schizo'-'phrenia.'"-

Here’s a list of all the teams in the ESPN Classic Tournament of Legends:

Arizona, Arkansas, Cal, Cincinatti, Connecticut, Duke, Florida, George Mason 2006, Georgetown, Georgia Tech, Houston, Illinois, Indiana, Indiana State, Kansas, Kentucky, LaSalle, Louisville, Loyola Maramount, LSU, Marquette, Maryland, Michigan, Michigan State, Navy, North Carolina, North Carolina State, Ohio State, San Francisco, St. John's, Syracuse, Texas Western, UCLA, UMass, UNLV, Villanova, Virginia, Wake Forest, West Virginia
    Now, all the recruits for the next few years will see Mason listed amongst the greatest teams ever, when they load up their XBox, et al, and play their own tournament. Talk about lasting exposure, and you just can't put a price on this.

Also,I will be curious to see what type of conference references are allowed, because at the time of Navy's fame, they were in the 'fledgling' CAA. So we have two conference entries into this game. Money!
    Doug
    GMU
    2011 CAAZone Fantasy Football Champion
    1988 BA, Gov't and Politics
    1995 MPA, Public Administration
    2014 MS, Biodefense (That's the plan, and I must be nuts.)

That's it. I'm buying an XBox360.

Great news, and great exposure!
    ZoneAdmin
    zoneadmin@caazone.com

CAAZone.com would like to thank all of you for your continued support of this website and our sponsors! Suggestions? Ideas? We'd love to hear them. Email us at: info@caazone.com

I just bought a Wii for my son for Christmas... why couldn't this be avaiable for the Wii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UGH!

this may be the first time I'm getting an EA sports game over Sega in a LONG time, I'm talking decades long.

Quote Originally Posted by Coo Coo
    I just bought a Wii for my son for Christmas... why couldn't this be avaiable for the Wii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UGH!

Graphics

Totally buying it for my PS3.

This will ease a bit of the pain of not being able to buy a new 2k sports basketball game.