HU
JMU
NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Page 91 of 94 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293 ... LastLast

Default Re: Mason Campus Development Update 10 - April 16, 2009 - Pics

Ya know, I thought I saw a shadow outside of my window when I was taking a shower... I thought it was sandusky... But now I have my suspicions about pikapp...

Here are some updates on campus development:

June 2012 Updates

Road Changes & Enhancements

Aquia Creek Lane
    Streetlights, handrails and landscaping is projected to start soon. Aquia Creek Lane is now open to deck traffic and deliveries.

Patriot Circle
    Re-striping of Patriot Circle will be taking place during July and August. Delays are possible during this time.

Roanoke River LaneRe-signaling of the Braddock Road entrance, Roanoke Road lighting, and widening of lanes and turn lanes will be taking place over the next couple of months throughout the summer. Expect delays and possible detours during this time.
    Building Changes & Enhancements

Dominion Power Rerouting of power lines near the Modules and Fenwick Library will be happening throughout the summer. Pedestrians should advise construction zones.
    Fine Arts Renovation
    Renovation of the Fine Arts Building will continue this summer into next academic calendar year. Classes are scheduled to resume in the building starting summer 2013.

David King Hall
    Scheduled roofing of David King Hall has been postponed until further notice.

North and South Chesapeake Modules
    The Modules behind Fenwick Library are under the removal process. Residents will continue to experience construction noise and should not be alarmed.

June 17th Power Outage
    There will be a routine maintenance power outage briefly during the day. Fenwick Library will be shut down for eight hours throughout this process.

Southside Dining Bridge
    The Southside Dining bridge will see a makeover during the coming months as furniture is being added to the patio. This is scheduled to be completed by fall semester.

Taco Bell and Jazzmans
    Taco Bell and Jazzmans will be relocating to SUB I near Chic-Fil-Aís current location. The Taco Bell location will remain vacant as renovations are pending for the Johnson Center.

New Additions

Einsteinís Bagels
    Construction in the Nguyen Engineering Building for Einsteinís Bagels isscheduled to resume soon with a timeline for completion by the end of August.

Front Royal Housing and Dining Facility
    Front Royal Housing and Dining Facilitywill be finished in August, expanding residential housing by another 120 beds.

Panda Express and UPSare scheduled to be complete by the end of this month in University Hall.
    America in distress - targeted, harrassed, and persecuted by an out of control Administration.
    Resist, refuse, and defeat the power of Tyranny. Bring the USA back from its great mistake.

"David King Hall
    Scheduled roofing of David King Hall has been postponed until further notice."

I hear this was due to an underestimation of the weight of the new video white boards that are going to hang from the ceilings of the classrooms on the top floor thus requiring additional supports...

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    "David King Hall
    Scheduled roofing of David King Hall has been postponed until further notice."

I hear this was due to an underestimation of the weight of the new video white boards that are going to hang from the ceilings of the classrooms on the top floor thus requiring additional supports...
    I know this was tongue-in-cheek, but I'm guessing the postponement had to due with the fumes from roofing the Sciece & Tech I new annex initially caused problems inside of David King. DK has a big air intake in the rear of the building and fumes tend to collect behind the building, as I understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by psyclone View Post
    I know this was tongue-in-cheek, but I'm guessing the postponement had to due with the fumes from roofing the Sciece & Tech I new annex initially caused problems inside of David King. DK has a big air intake in the rear of the building and fumes tend to collect behind the building, as I understand it.
    This makes sense. Fumes tend to collect behind me, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Masonmeow View Post
    This makes sense. Fumes tend to collect behind me, as well.
    But presumably you don't have "a big air intake" back there as well!

Quote Originally Posted by psyclone View Post
    But presumably you don't have "a big air intake" back there as well!
    No. It's definitely "exit only".

Today's Biz Journal spotlights the GM of the Mason Inn and CC.

http://www.bizjournals.com/washingto...ntent=My+Yahoo

What could have been . . . (sigh)

Don't like what? The original Fenwick library is an old, dirty cave.