NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Another game...another blow out win for the Lady Monarchs

12-0 in Conference and 21-3 overall

I'm surprised other conference teams are actually showing up to play

Just a couple facts about the Lady Monarchs in conference games this season...\
    Average margin of victory - 24.01 points
    Average points per game - 78.7 points/game
    Average opponents points per game - 54.6 points/game
    Highest total points in one game - 93 (vs. UNC-W on 2/3)
    Lowest opponents total points in one game - 37 (@ Delaware on 1/27)

I honestly think as well that this team isn't playing at its best either which is scary. Today, is good example; they won by 37 and in my opinion there is no way thats been there best game all season.
    ODU BASKETBALL

2005 - 28-6 CAA Champions
    2006 - 24-10 NIT Final Four
    2007 - 24-9 NCAA At-Large
    2008 - 18-16 CBI Quarters
    2009 - 25-10 CIT Champions
    2010 - 27-9 CAA Champions
    2011 - 27-7 CAA Champions

Default Re: Another game...another blow out win for the Lady Monarchs

yea, they were goofing off a lot out there. but they did have a lot of fun. we were up 20-9, 5 minutes into the game. The score would have been higher but Parker missed a lot of open shots. thats alright though, megan had a career day. 18pts. and i think 9 reb. She definitely looked good out there. and amazingly the refs were really good today.

hey did you win those plane tickets??

Quote Originally Posted by pandorazboxx
    yea, they were goofing off a lot out there. but they did have a lot of fun. we were up 20-9, 5 minutes into the game. The score would have been higher but Parker missed a lot of open shots. thats alright though, megan had a career day. 18pts. and i think 9 reb. She definitely looked good out there. and amazingly the refs were really good today.

hey did you win those plane tickets??

no, I wasnt even out there to compete. It was funny though, I remember when we were up 20-9, 5 minutes into the game and I heard someone yell, "we're gonna score 160!!!"
    ODU BASKETBALL

ive been meaning to ask who you two are....i go to every game and sit in the front row...you guys must be sitting near me....so where do you sit?

I was in the second row today, with my ODU hat on. I usually start yelling "O-D-U" or "Defense" to get us all going. Hopefully there won't be a bunch of sorority girls taking my seat tonight :roll: not that i don't appreciate them.

Quote Originally Posted by monarchmaniacs
    ive been meaning to ask who you two are....i go to every game and sit in the front row...you guys must be sitting near me....so where do you sit?

I usually sit above or to the right of the entrance where students enter before the game. The last couple women games though I decided to sit at midcourt. Also, I dont know if I just noticed this today and since it was a noon game on a week day but DAMN there were a lot of senior citizens at the game today. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate any fans who come out and support our Lady Monarchs.
    ODU BASKETBALL

Quote Originally Posted by FutureODUAlum11

I usually sit above or to the right of the entrance where students enter before the game. The last couple women games though I decided to sit at midcourt. Also, I dont know if I just noticed this today and since it was a noon game on a week day but DAMN there were a lot of senior citizens at the game today. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate any fans who come out and support our Lady Monarchs.
    every game is senior citizen's day for the LM's

and why the hell aren't you down there with us yelling????

I suggest you "newbies" read the history of women's college basketball.... you will find the name of Old Dominion Universty prominently entrenched in that history and one of the reasons you see a lot of older people at Lady Monarch games is because these folks have been around since the beginning.

Unlike other schools in the CAA who have no history or tradition as far as women's college basketball goes, only bandwagon fans, it is something to be very proud of and not be "embarrased" about like some VCU morons have suggested. My wife and I are by no means "senior citizens" but we have been attending ODU men/women basketball games for a long time and will continue to do so until we become part of that "senior citizen" group.

It is very commendable that you students support both the men and women's teams because unlike the other schools in this comference, we have something very special here and no amount of insults and other trash talking by other schools' trolls can ever take that away. To pandorazboxx, FutureODUAlum11, and others like you, keep up the good work and.....

GO BIG BLUE!

Quote Originally Posted by FutureODUAlum11

and why the hell aren't you down there with us yelling????
    I'm not that type
    ODU BASKETBALL

Quote Originally Posted by ODUDAD2K8
    I suggest you "newbies" read the history of women's college basketball.... you will find the name of Old Dominion Universty prominently entrenched in that history and one of the reasons you see a lot of older people at Lady Monarch games is because these folks have been around since the beginning.

Unlike other schools in the CAA who have no history or tradition as far as women's college basketball goes, only bandwagon fans, it is something to be very proud of and not be "embarrased" about like some VCU morons have suggested. My wife and I are by no means "senior citizens" but we have been attending ODU men/women basketball games for a long time and will continue to do so until we become part of that "senior citizen" group.

It is very commendable that you students support both the men and women's teams because unlike the other schools in this comference, we have something very special here and no amount of insults and other trash talking by other schools' trolls can ever take that away. To pandorazboxx, FutureODUAlum11, and others like you, keep up the good work and.....

GO BIG BLUE!
    I was just kidding about the senior citizen thing

thanks though. If i'm still around here I'll probably be trying to make it out there til i'm older than a senior citizen :shock: