HU
JMU
NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Default ODU vs Northeastern

Tough road game upcoming, with Matthews arena a small and inhospitable environment.

If you remember last year, the road win vs NU was completed early, and looked better as the year went. NU has been problemmatic for ODU, with NU knocking out ODU in the CAA tourney in 2005 (remember GMU coach Larranega openly rooting for NU and Berea!)

This is a different team, and not so accomplished. Previous NU teams were guard oriented, with JJB being the star and killing teams from the outside. This current edition is post-dominated, with the three leading scorers a G-f, F and C. Should be a good matchup for our boys, as Finney, Hassell, and Lee will be challenged.

Matt Janning is a rising star. We should put Finney and/or Adams on him. This is the key. And if Henderson and/or Lidonde decide to show up, we should have an advantage from outside.

Very important game. I love the youth movement, and agree with the strategy of getting our frosh involved. We SHOULD win this game, but need to compete, and shoot well.

Let's build some mo' towards our March date in Richmond..........When talking to Asst Coach Wilkes last year, this was a key test, and remains so this year.

If we show up and compete, we can improve our record with a key road win...........

Default Re: ODU vs Northeastern

You can watch the game on-line by subscribing and paying a one time fee of $4.95 here:

http://www.gonu.tv/index.shtml

I watched the Lady Monarchs play NE on GoNU.TV and it wasn't too bad.

we need lee to be there tomorrow night, and Hassell to stay out of foul trouble. While Sam has played decent the past few games, I might refrain from getting him involved in the post play unless we're way ahead, or way behind...

I love the idea of pounding it inside, like we did last year, and shooting treys or jumpers if we get an open look. But those shouldn't be the first option. Let's go BLUE!!

Should be a good road test for our young players. Let's see what they've got!

Quote Originally Posted by ODUsmitty
    NU has been problemmatic for ODU, with NU knocking out ODU in the CAA tourney in 2005 (remember GMU coach Larranega openly rooting for NU and Berea!)
    Wasn't this the year of the great shoe throwing incident?

Another game we desperately need.
    ODU '08, currently attending graduate school at GMU.

Quote Originally Posted by ODUDAD2K8
    You can watch the game on-line by subscribing and paying a one time fee of $4.95 here:

http://www.gonu.tv/index.shtml
    Thanks for the reminder. I forgot that NU offered that service. Just purchased the game and will be watching tonight. 8)

Thanks for the info to watch the game! Go big blue!!

Haha.. oh yea, the infamous shoe throwing incident. JJ's a real class act

anyone got the video up yet
    Flakes of gold swim in my brain

link just showed up!