NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hofstra game

Default Hofstra game

We really need to win this game.
    Screw football and screw the Southern Conference.

Default Re: Hofstra game

Very insightful. Tell us more.... :roll:
    Just wait until NEXT year....

So how do we stop Augidio? Box and one? Agressive Zone? Man to man?Double him everytime he touches the ball? Get him in foul trouble(which will be hard because he rarely gets a foul called him) Elbow him in the nose? (kidding )I think Lacy can bother him if he can stay out of foul trouble. Carter can't guard him IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by raleighawk
    So how do we stop Augidio? Box and one? Agressive Zone? Man to man?Double him everytime he touches the ball? Get him in foul trouble(which will be hard because he rarely gets a foul called him) Elbow him in the nose? (kidding )I think Lacy can bother him if he can stay out of foul trouble. Carter can't guard him IMO.

Agudio is fabulous. The rest of their guys not so much at least at this experience level. Let Agudio score as many as he can and shut out the rest.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Bruce\My Documents\My Pictures\old-dominion.button.png

Quote Originally Posted by 82hawk
    It is a home game against a bad team that apparantly is capable fo playing good with whathisname. We've lost three in a row and need to change the momentum.

Is that enough, jackass?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron the Great
    Quote Originally Posted by 82hawk
    It is a home game against a bad team that apparantly is capable fo playing good with whathisname. We've lost three in a row and need to change the momentum.

Is that enough, jackass?
    Hey,

You started a whole thread with by stating the obvious, and not taking the time to mention anything worthwhile at all. Why'd you take the time to even type? You could have just typed nothing in the body and accomplished the same thing.

LOL, "we need to win this game". Brilliant. Now I can get a glimpse into what this board would look like with your immense basketball commentary leading the way. No wonder you wait to attack the ideas of everyone else. :shock:

Quote Originally Posted by raleighawk
    We came away with an OT win by playing out of our mind in the 2nd half last time. We can't count on 69% shooting in a half to win a game. Agudio scored 34 points, but TJ had 23 with 8 rebs, 8 assists and only 1 TO. Vlad also had 18 pts. and 16 rebounds. Plus, Sheets and Tomko had 10 apiece. Six players scored in double figures.

We also went to the line to take 19 ft's and hit 17. This along with 20 assists to their 6 assists.

Hofstra is basically a one man team. If we can't devise a strategy to make the other players beat us while shutting down Agudio, without being lights out on offense, we're going to lose this game.

I'd go with a 1-2-2 zone to stop him at the top of the key, or play a box with TJ covering him, and looking to deny him the ball. We'll just play 4 on 4 with the rest of the team. With the right defense on the court, this should be an easy double-digit win.

Plus, we'll get to see how this team plays with another coach on our sideline as a bonus.

I started a thread about the next game. Don't hate me because I'm better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron the Great
    I started a thread about the next game. Don't hate me because I'm better than you.
    u funny

Wow im begining to think RTG really is 12!!! My Daddy would beat up yours!! :roll:
    At Least our baseball team is nails!