Elon
HU
JMU
NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Default Final 2007 Sports Network's FCS College Football Poll

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed ― unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist, No. 46 at 243- 244)

Default Re: Final 2007 Sports Network's FCS College Football Poll

I wouldn't insult my a** by wiping it with that poll.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHYqg...eature=related

"Don't be an idiot son, I can't coach idiots" ~Mickey Matthews

hadn't seen that poll yet. the people at TSN are absolutely off their rocker not to have JMU in the top 10 or even top 8.

Quote Originally Posted by Deez Nuts
    hadn't seen that poll yet. the people at TSN are absolutely off their rocker not to have JMU in the top 10 or even top 8.
    No, the TSN folks aren't off their rocker. JMU is definitely one of the top 5 teams on the one hand, maybe top team- no late fumble against ASU we'd probably be celebrating JMU's 2nd NC, but I doubt any 4 loss, 1st round playoff loss team has ever finished in the top 10. I doubt JMU will be in the top 10 in the 3rd Coach's poll either, the last of the 3 major polls to come out. You can say the 3 I-AA losses were by 1, 3, and 1 point to 3 of the final four, including the 2 NC game teams, and wouldn't have lost if it weren't for turnovers, which is all true, but no matter how you slice and dice it, bottom line is 8-4 with a 1st round loss is probably never going to get you in the final top 10.
    "Americans have the right and advantage of being armed ― unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist, No. 46 at 243- 244)

Best 2 out of 3.
    JMU, The Pride of VA and Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by Dukester
    Best 2 out of 3.
    I'll be damned! I'll eat crow on this one. I'm very surprised, shocked really, that the Coaches moved JMU up to 7. I wonder if that is the 1st time a 4 loss (3 I-AA losses) 1st round playoff loss 8-4 team has ever finished in the top 10. Normally the SportsNetwork and Coaches Polls are either the same or within one or 2 spots among the top 15. To have a 5 spot disparity among one of the top dozen teams has to be rare. So that's 2 of 3 polls that JMU finished in the top 10, #7, #10 and #12, an avg of just under 10. Comparing the last regular season poll to the final poll:
    -Sportsnetwork: #12, stayed at #12
    -Coaches: #9, moved up to #7.
    -AGS: #12, moved up to #10

In the final regular season GPI JMU was #9. Probably would stay about that if they did a final GPI, as the polls are 3/8 of the tally, and as far as the computers, ASU went on to win the title.

Hey, I'm glad I was wrong. It makes JMU look better and sounds a little better for recruiting to be able to say that JMU finsihed in the top 10 3 of the last 4 seasons. Am also glad you didn't offer a $ wager (that JMU would finish top 10 at least 2 of the 3 final polls), as I probably would have taken you up on it).

How high did we finish last year?

I guess that's 3 top 9 finishes in the last 4 four years.

I'll bet you can't find anyone else that accomplished that and played even 1 road playoff game. We played FIVE.
    JMU, The Pride of VA and Ohio

Dukester's pumped :P

Quote Originally Posted by Deez Nuts
    Dukester's pumped :P
    .........or he needs reading glasses! 8)