HU
JMU
NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Thread: CSS on DirectTV

Default CSS on DirectTV

I noticed a lot of people saying that CSS was not available on DirectTV; however, when I go to the CSS website and look at the past schedule of games, the JMU v Deleware and JMU v Richmond games are listed as being on CSS and I was able to watch them on DIrect TV here in Atlanta. Anyone know why this would be the case but the game this Saturday would not be available?

http://www.csssports.com/college_football.cfm

Default Re: CSS on DirectTV

Both of those games where on Comcast SportsNet- Mid Atlantic (which probably syndicated the feed to CSS). CSN-MA is available on DirectTV. My guess is that you were watching it off of CSN-MA and not CSS.

Quote Originally Posted by mad_dog97
    Both of those games where on Comcast SportsNet- Mid Atlantic (which probably syndicated the feed to CSS). CSN-MA is available on DirectTV. My guess is that you were watching it off of CSN-MA and not CSS.
    Still not on the DirectTV online schedule i'm seeing, can you confirm this at least, just so i stop sweating it

This game is NOT going to be on Directv.

Neither CSS or CN8 is offered on satellite.

If your local cable company does not have those channels, you are out of luck.

We can only hope the CN8 website will be broadcasting the game.

I'm going to Boone so it doesn't really matter, but CSS is not the same station that always televises App State? I thought channel 631 on DirecTV was CSS. I watch App State on there all the time. I know CN8 is not on DTV, but I just assumed CSS was the same station that always carries App State games.

Channel 631 is SportsSouth, different channel.

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/packPr...ssetId=1100069

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Dawg
    Channel 631 is SportsSouth, different channel.

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/packPr...ssetId=1100069
    I have Direct TV here in King George and we watched Comcast Sportsnet South channel 631 yesterday. They had a rerun of the Appy Chatt game. The game is being advertised to be on that channel by the Appy site - why do you say it's not going to be on there ?
    CANCER SUCKS

There are three regional "sports south/ southeast" channels in the Carolinas. Two of them are on Directv but the other one (CSS) is not. SportSouth covered a few of ASU's games this season. Sportsouth was formerly Turner South from Turner Broadcasting and can be found on Directv Channel 631. Fox Sports South has also covered some SoCon games. It is a Fox regional network which can be found on Directv Channel 630. Comcast Southeast Sports (CSS) is not on Directv. The cable viewing area for CSS is primarily in Tennessee, South Carolina, and other parts south. CSS's own "about us" webpage states that "CSS is your ticket to Southeast sports, and we’re available exclusively through cable." Sorry. Save travels to those JMU fans heading to Boone. Should be a good game.