JMU
NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OT : Charlotte

Default OT : Charlotte

The only problem I have with Georgia State AND Northeastern is that those additions were made to hastily.

It seems as if when we added the AE4 there was already a decision to go to 12...no matter what.

I think if we had been patient, we could have had better opportunities - Charleston may have seen the error of there ways in saying no to us (twice) and now Charlotte I would think would HAVE to listen if we called.

but would we really want to add them now and go to 14 teams (we'd have to add another if we added one)?

I don't. I think 14 is waaaaaaaaay too much.

Quote Originally Posted by pgjmu
    Yes.
    They approve that and bye-bye A10. I could see 6-7 teams that could make it work at the IA level in the CAA

1. JMU
    2. Delaware
    3. ODU
    4. Charlotte
    5. ASU
    6. GSU - DAN REEVES HIRED AS FOOTBALL CONSULTANT AT GEORGIA STATE
    7. UMASS
    that would be great, something like that would force the powers that be at Mason to really look at football.

they had to add Northeastern to get football away from the A10. We may have better opps down the road, but we had to get football in the CAA and didnt want to wait. I dont have a problem with it. Yeah 14 is way to much.

We had 8 with 1 bid.
    Now we have 12 with 2 bids
    14 get us to 3 bids???

I can understand the addition of Northeastern, which resulted in CAA football. We needed to add one of the A10 football affiliates, and Northeastern was probably a better choice than Maine or UNH. Villanova was obviously not an option, and UMass and Richmond weren't options at the time either. Maybe we could have had a shot at UMass or Richmond in the long run, but there would still be no CAA football.

I just don't understand Georgia State. They rank at the bottom of the CAA in athletic budget, fan support, academics, and overall athletic success. I'm also not convinced that GSU does anyting to bring us the ATL market.
    FBS