HU
JMU
NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Joe Lunardi's Latest....

Last 4 in includes none other than Old Dominion University. I guess our wins over W&M and Towson really impressed him. :roll: :roll:

Drexel is in the Last 4 out.

Default Re: Joe Lunardi's Latest....

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon
    Last 4 in includes none other than Old Dominion University. I guess our wins over W&M and Towson really impressed him. :roll: :roll:

Drexel is in the Last 4 out.
    Do you have a link? It doesn't look like the website has been updated yet.

IF ODU wins on Saturday, I think we're in. If DU makes it to the finals, I think they're in. It IS still possible to get in three, if VCU or HU wins the tourney.

My guess is ODU/DU in the finals, with both getting in.
    ODU, the CAA's flagship.
    The most NCAA and NIT appearances in the CAA.
    You may be in our conference, but you're not in our league.

It was on the 6 oclock sportscenter.

BACK in Center City... Thats how we roll on Mole

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jablomi
    IF ODU wins on Saturday, I think we're in. If DU makes it to the finals, I think they're in. It IS still possible to get in three, if VCU or HU wins the tourney.

Here's the way I see it:

2 teams are eligable for at larges. ODU and Drexel. Drexel will only get it if they make it to the finals. ODU might still get it if they lose in the semis. Hence the only 3 bid scenerio (and I STILL don't think it would happen even if this played out) would be:

ODU losing in the semis to hofstra, drexel losing in the finals to hofstra.

3 bids is about a 1% shot at this point, but I put two bids at about 60%...
    Follow the Dragons all season long, http://dragonsspeak.blogspot.com Thanks for the support!
    Follow the blog on twitter @DragonsSpeak

I've got a really good feeling about ODU getting a bid and I hope that Drexel will also get a bid too. VCU has to win the CAA title and are plenty capable of doing just that....same with Hofstra. Four good teams at the top with ODU and Drexel deserving the most love because they were able to get the big OOC wins. Go CAA!!
    A decade of excellence...
    1998 NIT
    2000 NCAA
    2001 NIT
    2002 NCAA & Baseball 2003 NCAA
    2003 NCAA & Baseball 2004 NCAA
    2006 NCAA & Baseball 2006 NCAA
    2008 NCAA Baseball

Quote Originally Posted by MetSox
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jablomi

Here's the way I see it:

2 teams are eligable for at larges. ODU and Drexel. Drexel will only get it if they make it to the finals. ODU might still get it if they lose in the semis. Hence the only 3 bid scenerio (and I STILL don't think it would happen even if this played out) would be:

ODU losing in the semis to hofstra, drexel losing in the finals to hofstra.

3 bids is about a 1% shot at this point, but I put two bids at about 60%...
    I'd put it higher than 1%, probably about 15-20.

A very outside possibility is Drexel losing to VCU in the semi's and VCU beating ODU in the finals. VCU gets the auto, ODU and Drexel get at-larges. Drexel is a longshot in that scenario, but not a 1% longshot, especially considering the recent collapse of quite a few other bubble teams. We will see how big that late season win AT Creighton is to the selection comittee.

A similar win put Mason over the top last year.
    DEFENSE!!!! WHO ARE YOU!?!?!?!?

I'm here because your mother isn't available!

The only way we get three bids are for bubble teams to lose the first games their tournaments.
    That gives us a better chance of two teams but it would be amazing to get 3 like some mid majors have done in the past.

Wow - 2 at-large bids in 20 years and some of you think we will get 3 in. It would take a lot of things falling the right way - no upsets in mids tourneys (including our own) and all the bubble teams getting beat early in their tournaments. If VCU wins, I think we get maybe ODU in as an at-large if they make the finals. That would be two at-large in consecutive years (pretty good for the CAA). If VCU loses (assuming ODU wins it all if VCU doesn't), we get 0 at-large without the other scenarios playing out. VCU gave the committee the excuse it needed for exclusion (Bradley loss) and everybody else finishing behind VCU is good enough reason to exclude if you're excluding VCU.