NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Thread: Kyle McAlarney

Default Kyle McAlarney

This was in Mark Blaudschun's notes in Friday's Boston Globe:

[size=12px]McAlarney watch
    Don't be surprised to see a feeding frenzy over guard Kyle McAlarney, who was suspended for a semester by Notre Dame after he was arrested for possession of marijuana. The sophomore from Staten Island, N.Y., must decide whether to reapply at Notre Dame or transfer. Hofstra, which is in Hempstead, N.Y., has already expressed an interest. Stay tuned for future developments.[/size]

Default Re: Kyle McAlarney

Quote Originally Posted by CTBob
    This was in Mark Blaudschun's notes in Friday's Boston Globe:

[size=12px]McAlarney watch
    Don't be surprised to see a feeding frenzy over guard Kyle McAlarney, who was suspended for a semester by Notre Dame after he was arrested for possession of marijuana. The sophomore from Staten Island, N.Y., must decide whether to reapply at Notre Dame or transfer. Hofstra, which is in Hempstead, N.Y., has already expressed an interest. Stay tuned for future developments.[/size]
    how good is he?
    http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=109&p=8&c= ... refid=4345

I dont even see one star here..

Default Kyle McAlarney

CT when was this article published? Because yesterday I heard that he decided that he will stay at Notre Dame. He is a real nice player, but I am not entirely sure that he will fit here nor is it a good look to be like a vulture over this kid. If he comes to us that's another story because everyone deserves a second chance, but in this article it looks like we are the ones chasing after this kid.
    It is better to die as a young warrior, than as an old coward.

Default Kyle McAlarney

Article was in Friday's Globe.

Don't know how good is he, but he started 10 games as a freshman last year, and all 12 before his supension this. Was averaging 10+ points per game.

Default Kyle McAlarney

Brey loves him. I think we could find a spot for him.

Default Kyle McAlarney

Quote Originally Posted by Mike77
    Brey loves him. I think we could find a spot for him.

Don't think he's available. The NY Times and other sources have quoted his Dad that Kyle will return to ND this summer.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/news?slug ... &type=lgns

Default Kyle McAlarney

copernicus, i remember him being very good in hs and highly recruited - but seems it doesn't matter for us anyway...
    I just SAY what everyone else is THINKING

Takin' the TOOLS to school!

Default Kyle McAlarney

McAlarney was a Staten Island legend, set a ton of records if I remember correctly. It does look like he's going to re-enroll in the summer, but that's still a few months away, and we do have that extra scholarship...