HU
JMU
NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Default amato article june 4th

star news got information through (freedom of information request obtained from UNCW). On march 28th starnews asked cappacio, if he had begun searching for candidates. Cappacios answer: "I haven't investigated that yet" The uncw public records indicate on march 27th that mike cappacio made 5 phone calls to miles at north dakota. Brownell resigned march 31st. A simple no comment from cappacio would have been more appropriate. Star news definitley put alot of time getting this story together. They had to weed out 3 weeks of emails, and phone records. There is alot more information in the article regarding emails from cappacio, and comments from depaolo etc.......Our administration is to blame for this, and I personally hope that something like this can be avoided in the future. We have a great up and coming coach in Benny, great players and we have to defend our conference championship next season.

agreed. this article uses facts and proves the cappacio flat out lied. very sad.
    Speaking words of wisdom, let it be

Surprising fact for me. Cappaccio offered to resign but BB did the next day. Otherwise, story line goes with pretty much what we had heard.

IMO, DePaulo should've stepped up and righted this thing when it was going sour.

Nothing to do now, but support Moss and the boyz.

Go Hawks ! Defend the title !!
    UNCW Class of '85

Quote Originally Posted by solohawks
    agreed. this article uses facts and proves the cappacio flat out lied. very sad.
    What did he lie about? - the fact that he hadn't contacted other coaches. There is not an AD in the country that would have said "Yes. I spoke to three candidates while I was trying to get our current coach to agree to an extension."

The writer of the article tried to make Cappaccio look bad - and he didn't get it done.
    Screw football and screw the Southern Conference.

Quote Originally Posted by solohawks
    Sounds like you have an office full of people who's stories didn't exactly jive with what the records say.

On march 28th starnews asked cappacio, if he had begun searching for candidates. Cappacio answer: "I haven't investigated that yet" The uncw public records indicate on march 27th that mike cappacio made 5 phone calls to miles at north dakota.

Though Moss and Capaccio denied speaking until after Brownell had resigned, Capaccio made an eight-minute call from his cell phone to Moss’ cell phone on March 30, the day before Brownell left.

He would meet later that day with DePaolo, who made a final contract offer to Brownell despite saying earlier in March that she left negotiations to Capaccio.

Good reporting by the Star

Very interesting article. I am shocked that Cappacio offered to resign. It looks like piss poor communication on both parts that led to this situation. That's in the past so lets focus on Moss taking us back to the big dance!
    Moss is the Boss

Quote Originally Posted by getmhawks
    Very interesting article. I am shocked that Cappacio offered to resign. It looks like piss poor communication on both parts that led to this situation. That's in the past so lets focus on Moss taking us back to the big dance!
    At that point he knew Brownell was gone and was probably just trying to save face. He probably knew he was toast anyway in the eyes of the public, UNCW fans, and the media. Which has played out much like that with most of you guys and the local and national media.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron the Great

The writer of the article tried to make Cappaccio look bad - and he didn't get it done.
    Did we just read the same article? You had a successful head coach leave after 12 years in Wilmington for Wright State and only 10k more dollars a year. Not that Amato needed any help making the administration at UNCW look bad, it looks bad enough on the outside with no inside information. This was a very informative investigative report that showed that a big cause was personal issues. That never looks good.

i agree with jonesing :shock:

ron, as flyinghawk said, the right thing to do in that situation was to say no comment. you should not lie, especially to one of your most valuable employees.

fact: he lied. you may not think it was a significant lie, which i don't see how, but he did lie.
    Speaking words of wisdom, let it be