HU
JMU
NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Default CAA Baseball Championship Game

Congrats on an amazing tournament run though. You guys should be proud of how great y'all played this week and weekend. Hopefully you guys get the at-large bid.
    "Do not allow children to mix drinks. It is unseemly and they use too much vermouth."
    - Steve Allen

Quote Originally Posted by MasonHoopzfan
    Congrats on an amazing tournament run though. You guys should be proud of how great y'all played this week and weekend. Hopefully you guys get the at-large bid.
    In other words, we lost.
    YOUR VCU RAMS . . . PROVIN' IT ON THE FLOOR

Hell at least you guys got this far. The CAA is a great baseball conference if the title game came down to the 4th and 5th seed.
    "Do not allow children to mix drinks. It is unseemly and they use too much vermouth."
    - Steve Allen

Thanks MHfan, but we arent getting an at-large :evil:
    Flagship baby, flagship.

Have to put my "VCU Baseball" hat away for now.
    YOUR VCU RAMS . . . PROVIN' IT ON THE FLOOR

VCU RAMS FANS...I TIP MY HAT TO YOUR BOYS PERFORMANCE THIS TOURNAMENT...IT WAS A HECK OF AN EFFORT...I KNOW IT ISNT MUCH CONSOLATION SINCE NEITHER OF US WOULD HAVE GOTTEN THE AT-LARGE BID, BUT THE TOURNEY RUNS OF BOTH TEAMS WAS AMAZING...AND THE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME DESERVED THAT TYPE OF HIGH DRAMA THAT IT DID....

That may not actually be true Hawkheel as UNCW has over 40 wins-good RPI and good coaches poll #'s (bubble situation-but it doesn't matter now). Congrats VCU on a great run in the tourney and simply a great baseball program. A program that could certainly do damage in the NCAA's if given the chance.
    A decade of excellence...
    1998 NIT
    2000 NCAA
    2001 NIT
    2002 NCAA & Baseball 2003 NCAA
    2003 NCAA & Baseball 2004 NCAA
    2006 NCAA & Baseball 2006 NCAA
    2008 NCAA Baseball

Bill are u kidding me...we finished 5th in our conference...a conference that only got 1 team in...there is no way we would have got in without winning this thing...ur nuts man

Quote Originally Posted by hawknheel
    Bill are u kidding me...we finished 5th in our conference...a conference that only got 1 team in...there is no way we would have got in without winning this thing...ur nuts man
    Bill is not wrong. We were in the next five in before the tourney started on three different speculations. That puts us on the bubble. And as far as being 5th, have you already forgotten the NIT two years ago? We finished tied for second and the 4th and 5th place teams were invited over us. Our baseball team won 2 out of 3 from Wake Forest (top 25), split with State (top 25) and 2 out of 3 from ODU (top 25). We were 6-2 against the ACC and we finished the season strong. That's no guarantee, but we were on the bubble before we won the touney.
    SHUT UP AND PLAY!!!!

A.K.A. 33Talons