JMU
NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default Jerry Wainwright - in studio tomorrow on ESPN Radio AM630

Folks,

Just wanted to let you know that Jerry Wainwright will be live, in-studio, during the 11am hour of ESPN Radio AM630's "Krunch Time", on Friday.

If any of you have anything you'd like us to ask him, just post it here. We'll accommodate as many questions as we can. We'll also post the interview up on our website, am630.net, afterwards.

Thanks!

T.J. Cutini
    tcutini@gmail.com
    Kernersville, NC

I'd like to know if he has any thoughts about how/why he and Brad "left" UNCW? I consider both resignations odd, not where he left for but when and how. Brad's new home is another story.
    The returning players JW had would have led me to believe he was good for at least one more year at UNCW. I have followed him at Richmond and now DePaul, and wish him well.

Ask him how the Mayes ki worked out for him at Richmond.Also ask him if is here looking for a place at the beach or maybe a baitshop to run and one more thing ask him if has ever been on the beach here at all -at Richmond he said he never stepped on the beach period.He had to work eighteen hour days here just to compete in the CAA-what a crock anybody who knows him at all knows that he has never been a guy to work long days.The guy is a born liar and *******.

why do you call Wainright a liar? can you give an example? just one...
    Screw football and screw the Southern Conference.

Fishboy is still mad because Jerry fired him as his yardman.

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
    "Space Mountain may be the oldest ride in the park, but it still has the longest line!"

I'd like to know if he has any thoughts about how/why he and Brad "left" UNCW? I consider both resignations odd, not where he left for but when and how. Brad's new home is another story.
    Word. But I seriously doubt these wannabe sports jocks at 630 am are going to be asking Wainwright any hard questions. And if they do, they’re not going to following them up to get a real answers other than some type of coach speak. These people aren’t in business to step on anybody’s toe. They’re a bunch of suck-ups that are looking to move on to a bigger market and suck the @ss of the next person in the pecking order. The problem is most of them aren’t skilled enough to move anywhere else. That’s the reason we’re stuck with goobers like Andrew Jones babbling and writing crappy columns for extended periods of times.

MULLETHEAD- WAINWRIGHT HAS A HOME HERE IN WILMINGTON ALREADY AND PLANS TO RETIRE HERE. PLEASE DO NOT FORGET WHO BROUGHT UNCW BASKETBALL TO ITS PRESENT LEVEL

The Green Monk Wrote:
    That’s the reason we’re stuck with goobers like Andrew Jones babbling and writing crappy columns for extended periods of times.
    Jeez. And I thought I was hard on the Star-News!

Quote Originally Posted by galloway206
    MULLETHEAD- WAINWRIGHT HAS A HOME HERE IN WILMINGTON ALREADY AND PLANS TO RETIRE HERE. PLEASE DO NOT FORGET WHO BROUGHT UNCW BASKETBALL TO ITS PRESENT LEVEL
    Wainwright elevated our program tremendously, but I would argue that it was Brownell who brought it to our "present" level. Where we go from here is anybody's guess.
    The "original" oldhawk.
    The most important thing in life to remember is...uh...uh...

Quote Originally Posted by OLD58HAWK
    Quote Originally Posted by galloway206
    Wainwright elevated our program tremendously, but I would argue that it was Brownell who brought it to our "present" level. Where we go from here is anybody's guess.
    I’d bet we’re not going upwards. That would be hard to do no matter the coach. But Brownell is a special type of coach that doesn’t fall off the coaching tree that often. I had him for a Coaching Basketball class before he was the head coach and I told everybody that wanted to listen that this guy would be a top notch D-I coach one day. Sort of like a Dana Altman type that doesn’t get his due but continually puts out winner after winner. Brownell saw the game differently than a lot of people see it. He could break down film and see things that were going to progress so far ahead of what the normal run of mill college coach could see. Sort of like a Bobby Fischer playing chess. This guy had the goods and we let him go for nothing. Not that it’s that big of deal because he’d probably left in a year of two anyways. Ultimately, we’ll be alright. But we had a gem and those types of people are hard to replace no matter who you bring in.