UNCW
WM

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bray...

Default Bray...

made second-team All-State at the highest high school level in GA:

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/sports ... atebb.html

Default Bray...

Can we get firm confirmation we got him? I thought I saw on other thread that he did commit to us?

Maybe I am just dreaming :roll:

No firm word on Kitchen yet either, right?
    GO DUKES !!

2009 - The year we turned the corner in men's hoops.
    2010 - The year we turned back into the Keener Krew.
    2011 - The year it could have been better - the missing piece was a basketball IQ.
    2012 - The misery continues ...
    2013 - but finally we make the NCAAs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Default Bray...

I've heard Bray is coming here. Forgot if I just heard it, or if was substantiated somewhere. I wouldn't worry about it, though.
    JMU Football - dadgum good.

Default Bray...

Bray committing was reported on Rivals.

anybody got a subscription that can read the story?

Default Bray...

Did I already post it?
    JMU Football - dadgum good.

Default Bray...

Quote Originally Posted by dukaholic
    Justin Young
    Rivals.com Basketball Recruiting Recruiting Analyst

One of the top scoring guards in Georgia has found a collegiate home. Jequan Bray, a 6-foot-2 scorer from Campbell High School in Smyrna, is headed to James Madison.

After a weekend trip to the Virginia campus, Bray decided it was time to pull the trigger according to his high school coach James Gwyn. The Colonial Athletic Association school is hoping Bray can be a bracket buster player in it's system right away.

"That is what coach (Dean) Keener said about the school and I think that was a key element for Jequan. I really think that had a big influence," Gwyn said. "Having a (CAA) team in the Final Four really helped him and (former Campbell player) Leonard Mendez started 11 games for Georgia State so Jequan had a good understanding of the league and just how well he can contribute there."

Bray is a scoring machine that can fill it up from all spots on the floor. As an all-county performer, Bray poured in 25.6 points a game and pulled down five rebounds a game. Gwyn said Bray's ability to score off the dribble will help him succeed right away in the Colonial Athletic Association.

"I was down at the (Georgia) Dome (for the Atlanta regional) and I think I saw just one play where someone created off the dribble. That was when (Glen) Davis hit that shot in overtime. Guys don't create off the dribble anymore," Gwyn said. "Jequan can. You don't have to draw up plays or set up screens for him to score. He knows how to do that."

Bray picked the Dukes over interest from Tennessee Tech, Jacksonville and Appalachian State.

"He's not a cookie cutter guard. You just don't see guys like him in that conference," Gwyn said. "He can be one of the premiere guards in the conference because he knows how to score. With 10 seconds to go, you put the ball in his hands."

Default Bray...

oh yea. now i remember.

Default Bray...

Bray is a scoring machine that can fill it up from all spots on the floor. As an all-county performer, Bray poured in 25.6 points a game and pulled down five rebounds a game. Gwyn said Bray's ability to score off the dribble will help him succeed right away in the Colonial Athletic Association.
    Of course only time will tell, but if this is true and remains true in theCAA, this is EXACTLY what we've been missing for some time now. A scorer that can create.
    2004 National Champions.

CAA4Life

Default Bray...

Personally I like to hear that he can create scoring off the dribble. Who was the last person at JMU to do that consistently or at least well? No One I can remember

Posey needs to stay and Keener needs to find another PG or SG
    Formerly known as BaltimoreDuke

Default Bray...

Quote Originally Posted by JMUDukeFan
    Personally I like to hear that he can create scoring off the dribble. Who was the last person at JMU to do that consistently or at least well? No One I can remember

Posey needs to stay and Keener needs to find another PG or SG
    Jabari Outtz to a pretty decent extent. And before that, Chatney Howard.
    FIRE BOURNE! FIRE KING!
    Is Kenny allowed to coach both the men's and the women's team?
    JMU Reprazent - Dawg Pound style!

(Disclaimer: The beliefs stated in my posts are my own and should not be attributed to any outside influence. Some might be posted under the influence, however...)