NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Page 124 of 171 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 1703

Default Re: Recruiting thread

More 2013 updating.

"Obinna “Obi” Oleka (DC Assault Gold 17U, 2013) – Formerly a member of the 2012 class, Oleka said he plans to take a prep year at South Kent (CT). Oleka displayed a great motor on Friday and was downright tenacious with the ball in his hand, showing off some nifty offensive moves in addition to powering his way into the lane. Finishing the play was a problem for the 6’7” four man, though, and a big reason why he only finished with 4 points. Nonetheless, Oleka looks and plays much older than he is and did not take any plays off. Given that he’s reclassifying to the 2013 class, Oleka said has no timeframe for his college decision but said that Washington, St. Bonaventure, Drexel, Oregon, North Carolina State, and Providence are all in the picture. "

http://www.nbebasketball.com/w3/2012...mfest-day-one/

Shamiek Sheppard (New Rens, 2013, South Shore) – Sheppard, quite frankly, can jump out of the gym, and there is no doubt that his athleticism is his best attribute. The 6’6” wing threw down a couple nasty slams on Saturday and looked decent handling the ball in the half court, as well. He really has no jump shot to speak of at this point but he’s able to get baskets by sheer virtue of his explosiveness. Drexel, Iona, Fordham, and Hofstra have offered, he said, while St. John’s, Florida State, and Iowa State have shown interest. Bruiser Flint and Drexel have put in the most work for him and have really stood out so far in the recruiting process.

“My relationship with the [Drexel] coaches is real good and they’re also a fast break team and I’m a fast break player so their game fits with mine,” Sheppard said. “But I think I’ll take my time and just see how everything plays out.”

Rysheed Jordan (Philly Pride, 2013, Vaux Roberts) – One of the most sought after guards in the 2013 class, the 6’4” Jordan listed an impressive offer sheet including Syracuse, Memphis, Kansas, Maryland, Georgetown, Alabama, LaSalle, and Drexel. He attacked the rim in transition and in the half court on Saturday, leading Philly Pride with 16 points. Jordan said he plans to narrow his list of schools down sometime in July.

http://www.nbebasketball.com/w3/2012...mfest-day-two/

Cincy, St. Joes, Temple, PSU, Drexel, Nova, RU, URI, SHU & more saw Austin Tilghman, Kaison Randolph, Tyler Kohl & Ben Bentil of ECE/NJABC.

Our coaches were also at Kamall Richards game.
    Last edited by Fan of the Year; 04-22-2012 at 10:47 PM.
    2009 CAA Women's Basketball Champs
    24-9

That's the same AAU program Frantz and Kazembe played for, FYI.

I supposed I could've mentioned that. We've got a good pipeline setup now with Matt Pauls and NJABC.

I saw Kohl in HS last year. He played at a small school near me frosh year. Very highly skilled then. Could play anywhere from PG to C for that team and be effective. He's good off the dribble, can pull up out to three, pass, rebound or post up. He isn't too quick, but instead crafty. At that time, he needed to drop some weight. At times, it almost looked like he wasn't playing hard, but that might just be because the game came too easy to him and the competition wasn't great. He reminded me a lot of Khalif Wyatt from Temple.

Richards I saw in HS last year as well before he transferred. He was a smooth and athletic wing. He was quick off the dribble and could get to rim. Decent shooter, but could get better.

More updates....

http://saintjosephs.scout.com/2/1152253.html

Although it is still early in the process for Baxter, a number of schools are already expressing interest. Earlier this season, he trekked to Quinnipiac for an unofficial visit. Norfolk State is another school that has been in touch with the talented point guard.

Three schools from the CAA are also showing interest in Hakeem. Delaware and Drexel are two of the schools most heavily involved at the moment. Both schools have been in to practice to watch him, and Drexel has also hosted him at a few of their home games this season. Virginia Commonwealth is the third CAA school involved in Hakeem’s recruitment. They recently sent an assistant coach in to Philadelphia to watch Hakeem practice.
    Last edited by Fan of the Year; 04-23-2012 at 03:43 AM.
    24-9

I would compare Kohl more to Samme Givens than Khalif Wyatt. He's a beast inside, super crafty and undersized.

Quote Originally Posted by Fan of the Year View Post
    http://readingeagle.com/article.aspx?id=380418

Looks like Jack is in the mix if he is interested.

"Almost immediately after Everhart's firing schools such as Penn State, Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech, Virginia Commonwealth, Belmont, Drexel, La Salle, Saint Joseph's and St. Bonaventure, among others, began contacting Jack's coaches to express their interest."
    SJU boards seem to indicate that he chose Duquesne because they offered engineering. While I can't imagine trying to get through the first couple of years of the engineering curriculum while also being an athlete, perhaps that will help us out here.

Put my big preferences down as Jack, Freeman then Scales.

Mine is Scales, Scales and Scales.

Is he really that far ahead of the other two?

Quote Originally Posted by Fan of the Year View Post
    “My relationship with the [Drexel] coaches is real good and they’re also a fast break team and I’m a fast break player so their game fits with mine,” Sheppard said. “But I think I’ll take my time and just see how everything plays out.”
    Am I missing something here?

Nope, it is dead on accurate. I was hoping no one would bring that up.

At this point, I'd be happy with any of the three 2012 bigs. It's starting to get late. I'm afraid we might end up eating that scholarship until next year. Not the worst thing in the world I guess if that happens.
    Last edited by Fan of the Year; 04-23-2012 at 10:57 PM.
    24-9

We're certainly more of a fast break team now than we've ever been, especially with the ascendancy of Lee.