JMU
NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Page 123 of 164 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 1638

Default Re: Recruiting thread

The DAC Pack has made a couple Facebook/Twitter updates about Isaac Freeman and people around campus have apparently seen him and yelled things telling him to come to Drexel. I know all the current guys LOVE playing in front of the DAC Pack, so it'd be great to really instill that on recruits.

Here's a question... for those that have seen both play - between 7 foot recruits Issaac Freeman and Tao Xu, who would you prefer at Drexel? Who would we have a better shot of landing?

From everything I've read, I think Tao Xu is the better player, and I LOVE everything I've heard about him being a great student. But if he already has offers from power schools, it will be really tough to land him (hopefully he loves engineering). I think we need a super tall guy next season to get minutes in situations of foul trouble, or where matchups dictate. Because after next season our bigs will be Dartaye, Casey/Kaz, and whomever we bring in. After this season, we'll need to somebody to bring that defensive presence in the middle that Daryl currently provides.
    D-D-D-D, R-R-R-R, E-E-E-E, X-EL, X-EL, DREX-EL, DREX-EL, FIGHT, TEAM, FIGHT!

Please put bmf on your ignore list and don't bother responding to him.

Tao is a 2013, not a 2012. He came to the US late and academically got behind so he'll be around another year from what I read. I can't say anything specific on Tao's game because I've never seen him play. He was only 4th on his team in scoring on a team that is solid, but not great. Here are his point totals from each league game...6, 5, 4, 17, 7, 4, 17, X, 0, 6 and then 15 in a playoff game. Seems like he probably needs quite a bit of work.

In that game video I posted Issac didn't do much. I'm not sure if we can't expect much out of him next year if he comes here. He's definitely a project. Like IHJB 7-0 shot blockers don't usually come to the CAA and certainly not ones that don't need quite a bit of work.
    Last edited by Fan of the Year; 04-13-2012 at 11:37 PM.
    2009 CAA Women's Basketball Champs
    24-9

Scales is very much in the mix too. I wish I could find more on him. Missouri just picked up Alex O from UCONN, so they definitely should be out at this point for Scales and Freeman.

From the Recruit Scoop.

"Drexel is in strong contention to land Aaron Scales, who is also looking at Washington St, Wichita St & Cleveland St. "

Here is the Tony Chennault update with us among his five. With Maalik and Cheek leaving Nova, I kind of expect him to land there.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2012/04/11/w...sidering-five/

Also Aaron Brown is transferring from Temple. We looked at him some out of HS. He averaged 6.4 PPG last year. He might end up at Wagner which would make sense since he played for St. Benedict's.
    Last edited by Fan of the Year; 04-14-2012 at 07:34 PM.
    24-9

I would be happier with Scales than Freeman. Besides McCoy what other big men are 6'9" and 260-270 in the CAA? He is a space eater who is tough and rebounds. Sounds like what we look for.

Quote Originally Posted by I Hate Jay Bilas View Post
    I would be happier with Scales than Freeman. Besides McCoy what other big men are 6'9" and 260-270 in the CAA? He is a space eater who is tough and rebounds. Sounds like what we look for.
    I like having options for different match ups. Look at the variety we have in our guards next year. We can throw out a number of different looks with the options we have. I agree that we go for the 6'9" 260 pound big men, but we've got Daryl in that mold and he's great. Dartaye's got similar height too. I think I said it earlier, but if we could add Chaz Crawford 2.0 (not to add any pressure on the kid) we'd be arguably the most dynamic mid-major in the country. While we can beat most of the CAA with the bigs we currently have, we also need to beat teams with different lineups OOC and post-season.

From what I heard, he liked his visit here and it's down to us and UMass, but we have the leg up right now.
    D-D-D-D, R-R-R-R, E-E-E-E, X-EL, X-EL, DREX-EL, DREX-EL, FIGHT, TEAM, FIGHT!

Please put bmf on your ignore list and don't bother responding to him.

He's so thin right now, I think he'll get pushed around next year if he comes here. I really don't know that he'll get more than Aquil minutes if he's here. I don't have a problem getting him, but I don't know that he'd have much of an impact next year. Chaz played 13 min a game as a FR. That's probably about what I think Issac would do at most. Although he didn't do much on that game tape, I do like that he seems pretty fluid and has nice hands for a big man. I'm not crazy about his rebounding.
    Last edited by Fan of the Year; 04-15-2012 at 10:44 PM.
    24-9

One thing I really would love with Freeman is if we can get him to develop into an all league player, Mason could look really bad with him playing his HS ball right down the road from them.
    24-9

FYI for anyone in King of Prussia area, there is a huge AAU tournament there next weekend. It is during the live period, so coaches should be all over it. I'm not sure what it costs. If anyone is coming, let me know I can give you teams to watch and stuff.

http://www.hoopgroup.com/hoopgroup/t...phia-jam-fest/
    24-9

http://readingeagle.com/article.aspx?id=380418

Looks like Jack is in the mix if he is interested.

"Almost immediately after Everhart's firing schools such as Penn State, Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech, Virginia Commonwealth, Belmont, Drexel, La Salle, Saint Joseph's and St. Bonaventure, among others, began contacting Jack's coaches to express their interest."
    24-9

A scout article says Freeman is down to just us and UMASS. I no longer have a scout account, so I can't read it.
    24-9