HU
JMU
NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Henderson Firing?

Still no word on Henderson's firing? There really is no chance of his return right? That would be really stupid if he is back. He has had his chance. It's time for you guys to move on.

Any new candidates? I still think Gregg Marshall from Winthrop would be a solid candidate.
    http://s15.invisionfree.com/The_Sports_Summit/
    With forums in every major sport, whether it be college, pro, or fantasy, The Sports Summit is the place to be! Come check us out!

Quote Originally Posted by JMUDUKE
    Still no word on Henderson's firing? There really is no chance of his return right? That would be really stupid if he is back. He has had his chance. It's time for you guys to move on.
    Duke, you do know you're talking about the athletic department that was forced to move a home football game to Richmond due to stupidity, right? If they're that dumb with the cash-cow of the University, why do you think they'll be any smarter with something as insignificant as basketball???

Henderson will be back next year, and quite possibly the year after. This Athletic Department does NOT fire coaches.

The CAA tourney win was probably enough. LOL

Seriously, how stupid to keep him around. His tenure has run its course, time for new blood.
    http://s15.invisionfree.com/The_Sports_Summit/
    With forums in every major sport, whether it be college, pro, or fantasy, The Sports Summit is the place to be! Come check us out!

Who knows if they fire him or not - obviously all indications are that they should, and the feeling is that they will. However, you can never tell with this poor of an athletic department so it wouldn't be shocking if they flubbed this one too and kept him. I still think he's gone but I'll need to see it in print before I finally stop worrying that they'll keep him.
    Proud Member of the Fightin' Blue Hen Nation!!!

Seems there may be more pressing matters concerning athletics that the UD will be dealing with early this week, sadly. Henderson's situation will have to wait.

I just don't see them firing him. I think they would prefer he step down. The gang in charge have never given me the impression they care that much. So don't be surrised if he's here next year.
    If you ever reach total enlightenment while you're drinking a beer, I bet it makes beer shoot out your nose. - Jack Handy Deep Thoughts

With Quinn Snyder, stepping down and Henderson certainly being discussed, is this the crack in the Duke armour?

Take Edgar's quote for what it is. Everyone knows he doesn't make the call on something like this.
    elaware Football - another year in the crapper

if he stays or goes a decision has to be made soon. Its hard enough to recruit good players but with the head coach possibly being fired im sure players want to know who is going to be coaching them.
    Question: What does a drexel fan tell his girlfriend in bed and to people who make fun of the DAC?

Answer: Its better cause its small

If somehow he stays, will they actually make that announcement soon or just act like its not even an issue. I would guess if a week goes by with no action taken than hes back. That's not fair for Henderson if he doesn't know by now if hes staying or going.