HU
JMU
NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Reserved for the Top 5 Bball Teams in the CAA last season

This thread is reserved only for the teams that finished in the top 5 in the CAA last season (don't want to waste eveyone's time with opinions from the non-competitive bottom dwellars).

Here's the task: As objectively as possible, predict how your team will fare this year.

Again, if your team didn't finish in the top 5 last season, don't bother to waste our time with your rants.
    All hail MarshaLee! Offspring of Blaine, Neely and Lee. My mustache comes from my father's side.

Formerly as BLAHI
    “CAAZone Most Improved Poster” in 2006-2007

Drexel will finish higher then they finished last year despite our departing players. We have alot of talent returning and from what I am hearing, our freshman are looking pretty good. If our gaurds can stay healthy we will have a good year.
    In depth coverage of CAA Recruiting and more.

CAAInsider.com / RecruitRecon.com

The problem here Blahi is that everyone will probably predict their team to do better. I think that ODU is the class of the league. Every other team has question marks. Never count out Bruiser Flint and Drexel. Still they have players to replace and you never know what you are going to get with freshmen no matter how highly touted they are. VCU should be solid you need to play your A game to beat them. UNCW surprised most of us last year but I cant see them repeating last years results. As for my Hofstra team we have more depth than last year but Gibson and Radjeweski played vital roles. Expect to see us less dependent on Stokes and Aqudio. Depending on how well our frontcourt developes we could finish anywhere from #2 to #5. Either way I look for us to win 13 games in conference . This conference is deep with very few easy games. Road wins will be a premium this year.
    Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most!

I predict ODU will finish higher than last year.

Sweet 16
    Oh yea, the other team are only thinking about the CAA

so basically what your saying is if you did good last year you are going to do good again or if you sucked last year you will suck this year. You dont take in account graduations, new recruits, transfers, or injuries? This isn't a rant btw, its just common knowledge that last years result isn't a correlation on how a team will perform this year.
    Question: What does a drexel fan tell his girlfriend in bed and to people who make fun of the DAC?

Answer: Its better cause its small

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo
    so basically what your saying is if you did good last year you are going to do good again or if you sucked last year you will suck this year. You dont take in account graduations, new recruits, transfers, or injuries? This isn't a rant btw, its just common knowledge that last years result isn't a correlation on how a team will perform this year.
    Gonzo, how dare you bring logic into a thread started by Blahi. It goes against every principle he stands for. :roll:
    It pains me to say it, but I'd have to make GMU my favorite going into next season.
    --Heywood Jablomi, ODU fan

Tom! What did Blahi tell you? All these trolls can have free reign on our boards but how dare you step into a post he started where he explicitly said GMU posters were not allowed? You might get banned for this, and probably me too. Hope you are happy.
    George Mason University - Putting the CAA in the NCAA Final Four, first!

Oh, I am sorry..I made a wrong turn...I didn't see the sign on the door "The Big Four" lounge

If UNCW doesn't do as well, it will be because the CAA is simply a great league. Brownell really had a good year coaching them up last year as that team wasn't projected to do much. They definitely have more athleticism/young talent this year but will miss Coombs and Lane's experience and abilities. My guess is that they will be a tough out simply because of Brownell and staff's ability to coach and the overall consistency of the program. The problem is that you can be a good team and that may not be enough in this league this year. UNCW fans do have reason to be excited about this team and even more excited about the longer term after this year. It's the preseason fellas! BTW... ODU is clearly the team to beat right now and picking 2-7 is a crapshoot.
    A decade of excellence...
    1998 NIT
    2000 NCAA
    2001 NIT
    2002 NCAA & Baseball 2003 NCAA
    2003 NCAA & Baseball 2004 NCAA
    2006 NCAA & Baseball 2006 NCAA
    2008 NCAA Baseball

This "reserved" thread is a load of hooey.

The originator should reserve it for himself and just keep sending himself inane messages.