NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ODU ranked #32

Default ODU ranked #32

http://www.collegehoopsnet.com/preview/2005/32.htm

Two of my favorite quotes from this article.

"still this team is all about reigning CAA Player of the Year Alex Loughton. The 6-9 Australian averaged a team high 14.1 points and 8.2 boards per game. Loughton has the ability to take over any game if he has to, but he’ll also do the dirty work for the sake of the team."

"Coach Taylor has a plethora of options, able to go big or small without any drop off in talent, depending on the competition. With a deep and versatile bench and some underrated talent surrounding the returning conference POY, anything but 1st in the CAA is unacceptable. The conference may be deep and talented, but ODU is still heads and shoulders above the rest."

Default ODU ranked #32

"head and shoulders above the rest."

Describes this year's team, and the program on a whole!
    ODU, the CAA's flagship.
    The most NCAA and NIT appearances in the CAA.
    You may be in our conference, but you're not in our league.

Default ODU ranked #32

Man, I've been trying to come up with a dandruff joke, but it's too early and Randle El just ran back a punt, so I lost interest
    Alvin Dark knew what was up.

Default ODU ranked #32

He made a similar statement about the Drexel Dragons last year. The Dragons had too much firepower for the rest of the CAA.
    YOUR VCU RAMS . . . PROVIN' IT ON THE FLOOR

Default ODU ranked #32

Quote Originally Posted by VRam2
    He made a similar statement about the Drexel Dragons last year. The Dragons had too much firepower for the rest of the CAA.
    Hey V2, So we just trust your memory( :shock: ), or do you have any documentation.

Default ODU ranked #32

It's still on the site. Drexel was #75 and he said they had too much firepower for the rest of the CAA. No other CAA team was in the top 144. I'm not saying you're not #32. You might even be better than 32. Just saying they weren't even close with their predictions last year.
    YOUR VCU RAMS . . . PROVIN' IT ON THE FLOOR

Default ODU ranked #32

Quote Originally Posted by VRam2
    It's still on the site. Drexel was #75 and he said they had too much firepower for the rest of the CAA. No other CAA team was in the top 144. I'm not saying you're not #32. You might even be better than 32. Just saying they weren't even close with their predictions last year.
    Thanks! You know these guys are never wrong 2 years in a row.

I hope.

Default ODU ranked #32

Projected Conference Rank: Drexel will be solid again and surpass their NIT season of a year ago with a 1st place finish in the CAA and a trip to the NCAAs. Virginia Commonwealth, Old Dominion, Hofstra and George Mason will all be vying for that top spot as well, but the Dragons return too much firepower to not be the favorites.
    A little different than his ODU write-up.

ODU is and SHOULD BE the preseason favorites for the title. But, remember at the same time, we still have a season to play. ODU is not Gonzaga (in the respect that they are "unbeatable" in conference). Heck, even Gonzaga lost in conference last year.

It's going to be a rat race. ODU is the projected favorite, for good reason, to finish atop that race.

This is NOT, I repeat NOT, a case of the tortoise and the hare. You have 5 rabbits who all will be right there until the end.

Default ODU ranked #32

It's more like one Ferrari and a bunch of Yugos!
    ODU, the CAA's flagship.
    The most NCAA and NIT appearances in the CAA.
    You may be in our conference, but you're not in our league.

Default ODU ranked #32

ODU is already slipping...and this only after Midnight Madness. Last poll had them at 26 now down to #32. :shock:
    "It's just a frenzy, man," he said. "The life of an athlete in the NCAA tournament."
    Lamar Butler