HU
JMU
NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How do you think Sonny played?

It was difficult for me to decifer as he seemed to get some significant pressure early which forced some throws. Absence of the ground game in the first half was deplorable. Thought I saw less of the zeroing in on one receiver but maybe that is just wishful thinking or the 27 beers before the game 8)
    Impeach Roselle for not firing Edgar Johnson

Ill give Sonny a solid 'B'. In the 1st half, his running and keeping on the option was our only strength. Didn't see many open receivers in the 1st half, nor did Sonny have much time to throw.
    I think his leadership helped us keep our composure in the second half. That throw to Kervin and unfortunate drop was a great pass that hit him in stride. Mostly good throws with only a couple of bad ones.
    KC was asked about the zeroing- in question and answered by saying that our QB's only work with half of the field going through their progressions in our offense, instead of the entire field, which makes it appear he's zeroing- in when, in fact, he's going through his progressions. 8)

I'd agree with the B, he threw a good deep ball & he runs harder & with more confidence. He also showed the ability to find the open guy when his 1st option or two were covered.
    elaware Football - another year in the crapper

A B is about right. He looked much improved from last year, more confident, and he had to have been a huge reason why we did fall apart and give up when we were down by 14 late in the game.

Definitely some miscues, but with it being the first game and so many players playing thier first college game I'm not going to complain much about it...so long as they don't continue to happen, of course!

This team has heart and Sonny is a big part of that.
    LET'S GO BLUE HENS!!

He saved himself from a D or C with that fourth quarter. Id go with C+

Shows you just as much about football as basketball there Mottman.

I'll give the entire team a B--. I think our linebackers were at about a C+, the receivers a C, the defense a C-, the running game a B+, Sonny a solid B, and the special teams a C-. All-in-all an average grade and what I expected with all the youth out there. A win and a need for improvement with a week to get their feet wet further against W.C. I'd say that's a good place to be at this early juncture.

If 4 easy balls don't get flat out dropped Sonny throws a whopping 74% or more w/o an iterception and gets a B+.
    GO HENS

C+...........I didn't even think he was the best QB on the field.

Riccio gets a solid B/B+ for his steady effort directing a very young offense through adversity. I'm very proud of him and the rest of the team for battling back when they could have easily packed it in.

I particularly like the way that Sonny locked in on Omar Cuff along the sideline, after he was forced to scramble for his life on that last TD drive of regulation.

8) I thought Borda played very well, but was more a product of a dink and dunk system than actually a QB with overall skills. His throws of over 20 yds. were, IMO, poor. He overshot what appeared to be open receivers by a mile. And that one 'wounded duck' he threw for a TD was up for grabs. He got lucky. He was very gutsy though and could take a hit. I'd take Sonny for overall ability, hands down. 8)

I'd give him a B. Way too early in the year to be like the person in front of me who booed him when he returned after Carty had his one play and out routine.
    I thought the line play, if anything, was in dire need of improvement...which they did do slightly from the 1st quarter to the last. I still don't like the 12 yard soft cushion our DB's give receivers though. My mom could have put those 15 yarders on the money.

From the NJ:
    UD jumps to No. 6 in I-AA poll
    Delaware State also gets votes from media
    BY KEVIN TRESOLINI / The News Journal
    09/12/2005NEWARK — The University of Delaware climbed to No. 6 in the Sports Network's national Division I-AA college football Top 25 today.

Delaware was 10th last week, but five of the nine teams ahead of the Blue Hens lost, including the top three. Delaware nipped 14th-ranked Lehigh 34-33 in overtime in its opener Saturday night at Delaware Stadium.

Southern Illinois (2-0) supplanted James Madison at No. 1. JMU, the defending I-AA national champion, fell to 1-1 with a 31-27 loss at previously unranked Coastal Carolina. SIU earned 79 of the 117 first-place votes in the media poll.

Delaware, which received four first-place votes, was one of six Atlantic 10 schools in the Top 25, joined by No. 3 New Hampshire, No. 7 William & Mary, No. 8 James Madison, No. 23 Hofstra and No. 25 Massachusetts.

Division II West Chester (2-1) makes its annual trip to Delaware Stadium for a nonconference game against the Hens on Saturday night at 7.

Delaware State (2-0) received 10 points in the voting. The Hornets visit James Madison Saturday.

Contact Kevin Tresolini at 324-2804 or ktresolini@delawareonline.com.
    http://www.idiotsavant.com/ftp/sounds/batter.wav
    Eh... batta batta batta batta suuuwing batta...
    c'mon..
    Eh... batta batta batta batta suuuwing batta...
    Hecan'thithecan'thithecan'thithecan'thithecan'thit suuuuwing batta...