JMU
NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default CAAZONE.COM RELEASES PRESEASON ALL-CAA SELECTIONS

http://www.caazone.com/boards/zonenews.php?article=0

Feel free to discuss the poll's results here.

A couple comments...

I'm disappointed that only 15 people responded, it gives the poll a lack of credibility b/c it could be weighed heavily toward the schools with the most representation.

Chaz Crawford will be on the All-Defensive team this year.

Naturally I'm biased, but I think Drexel's got the toughest OOC schedule, the teams ahead of us play in Tournaments in which they might face better competition but they also may not. Syracuse is a Final Four favorite, Seton Hall is the darkhorse of the Big East, Monmouth is the NEC favorite and SJU & UPenn are always tough city match-ups. Plus Monmouth is the only home game out of those listed. I just think there are a lot of "if"s involved in the teams ranked ahead of us having tougher schedules.

Still, I applaud Toni for trying to put this together, no one knows the CAA better than the people who post on this board.

Sitting on my a$$ staring at the computer

Where was this poll? I'm on here every day and never saw it.

Even without Adeleke, I think Hofstra will stay out of the play-in game.
    and Loren Stokes, who will be relied on even more with Adeleke's absence, will be 1st team.
    March on, March on, old Hofstra Team
    Proud of its Blue and Gold
    Carry the banner down the field
    Fight Fight Fight, that line must hold, hold, hold keep driving
    Go on you Flying Dutchmen go
    Loyal, Strong and True you'll always be
    March on, March on old Hofstra
    Onto Victory!

Toni did a great job of pulling all of this together.

The poll was originally only for admins to vote in, but the Reaper decided to ask 3 fans from each school to participate. Out of those 30...half responded with full ballots.
    ZoneAdmin
    zoneadmin@caazone.com

CAAZone.com would like to thank all of you for your continued support of this website and our sponsors! Suggestions? Ideas? We'd love to hear them. Email us at: info@caazone.com

I would like to second that.
    Nec Aspera Terrent

Quote Originally Posted by ZoneAdmin

The poll was originally only for admins to vote in, but the Reaper decided to ask 3 fans from each school to participate. Out of those 30...half responded with full ballots.

After all the private messaging you send to me Ram Reaper, you didn't ask me what my predictions we're? How could you :roll:

Seems to be a very thorough analysis. Looks good to me. Great job!
    Keep Bruiser!!!

Only thing is i don't think freshmen or newcomers can be accurately polled by the majority of us. How many of us have seen our own team's newcomers let alone the rest of the league's?

Thank you all.

P8, it was not my decision for most schools with administrators. They chose who the voting panel was for their school.

I'm disappointed that only 15 people responded, it gives the poll a lack of credibility b/c it could be weighed heavily toward the schools with the most representation.
    When I did my analysis, I made sure that most schools were represented evenly. The guys that voted had VERY objective picks and pretty consistent with others. There were a few outlier votes (2 voters were pretty biased).

All in all, I successful poll. I want to do another one (similar to this with the same questions) going into 2005 after most teams have completed their OOC schedules.

And as ZA said, I gave each school the opportunity to be represented by 3 (and only 3) members. Only half responded.

Sorry P8... seniority rules. Our voters were Gobo, myself and Dr. Gunnie. You were next on the list though.
    ZoneAdmin
    zoneadmin@caazone.com

CAAZone.com would like to thank all of you for your continued support of this website and our sponsors! Suggestions? Ideas? We'd love to hear them. Email us at: info@caazone.com