JMU
NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: 2013-14 MBB Schedule released

Quote Originally Posted by towsonx View Post
    I’m still a bit hazy on how this Battle 4 Atlantis works? So Towson can only win the “Mainland” title?

2013 Battle For Atlantis
    http://www.atlantis.com/promotions/b...4atlantis.aspx

Am not thinking TU will knock of Kansas, Villanova or other top 20 teams, but brackets seem to indicate no matter how TU does, it only has a shot at the mainland title.

2013-2014 Battle 4 Atlantis (Brackets)
    http://basketball.realgm.com/ncaa/to...tis/53/Bracket

If we upset Kansas and Villanova would that mean we get a shot at winning the whole tourney??

Either way, I still like our schedule. We don't need to play all top tier teams.

Many top 20 teams schedule schools who should have not shot at beating them. I.E., this year Duke will play teams like Elon, UNC Asheville, Gardner-Webb, Eastern Michigan., etc.,
    We can't win anything. The 4 teams going to the Bahamas are already set and they'll playoff for the 'championship'. All the teams who play as 'tune-ups' then get guaranteed a couple of games against each other. We're fortunate to be the biggest name team and get the home games. It's similar to when we played Kansas and Michigan in the 1-31 year. That was part of the Maui Classic and then we played Belmont and UNCG as the extra mainland games. No trophies involved, just confidence building.
    From 1-10 to Frisco in 4 years. What a tremendous ride this football team has given us.

Quote Originally Posted by DMertz View Post
    CD... 1991.. Elite 8 run... 75-72 fell to UNC! Mike Vreswyk/?? spelling
    Brother attended Temple then!

Vreeswyk was gone by that point. He was on the '88 team. That '91 team was Mark Macon's and he single-handedly nearly won that game against Carolina.

Temple lost a ton of scoring with Wyatt and Randall. They have some experience returning but not nearly as much scoring punch as we have. And for this to be our 3rd game of the year, I think we'll gel a lot faster than Temple will.
    From 1-10 to Frisco in 4 years. What a tremendous ride this football team has given us.

Could our football team potentially be in Fargo for a playoff game the same time the basketball team is there?

Quote Originally Posted by El Tigre Oro View Post
    Could our football team potentially be in Fargo for a playoff game the same time the basketball team is there?
    I checked it out and it does look like that is a possibility. Looking at last year’s schedule there were 4 weekends of playoffs before the championship, so if this season ends Nov 23rd, then December 21st would be the weekend of the 2 semi-final games.

FCS playoffs expand (from 20 - 24 teams) this year and while I haven’t actually seen the scheduled playoff dates, would imagine there would still be 4 weeks of FCS playoffs before the championship. With the Pioneer conference now getting an auto-bid, 3 new spots are open for bubble teams.

2012 FCS playoffs
    http://www.ncaa.com/interactive-bracket/football/fcs

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Datres View Post
    We can't win anything.
    Thanks for the clarification.

The dream scenario would be for TU to beat both Kansas and Villanova, then have both end up playing each other in the Atlantis tourney final.

Seeing the change in Towson athletics over the past 3 years, I can dream.

Football goes from the CAA whipping boy (1-10) in 2010, to administering a through beat down of UConn?

M BBall following the same path?

• TU Basketball
      2009-10 (10-21)
      2010-11 (4-26)
      2011-12 (1-31)
      2012-13 (18-13)
      2013-14 (??-??)

If only I had that time-machine from Back to the Future, I'd return to 2010 and find a way to bet on the UConn game and that M BBall would have a 18 win season. then retire...
    Fight on

Quote Originally Posted by TigerRoar View Post
    Towson will play Citadel and Abilene Christian in the Battle 4 Atlantis mainland. Both are DI opponents (Abilene just made the jump). So the Tigers will only play 1 non-DI team (Central Penn).
    Depending on the matchups, couldn't Towson wind up playing West Alabama in that tournament?