JMU
NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Olivia Galati

Default Olivia Galati

I figure after the year she is having and where she stands in Hofstra softball history, she should have her own thread. Today Olivia pitched her 2nd career perfect game. She now has four no hitters on the year and seven no hitters in her career which is not yet 3 years old. She has broken Stacy Jacksons record for no hitters in a career. She will probably break Kayleigh Lottis career strikeout record of 978 before the year is out. I expect her to have the most career wins and break about every Hofstra record before her career is over at Hofstra. Question to the board. On senior day next year do we retire her number and hang it on the fence at Bill Edwards stadium?
    Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most!

Default Re: Olivia Galati

Yes. Evans on basketball too.

A question for Hofstras Hockey, Does galati earned AA status this year. based on her numbers now I cant see how the NCAA can deny her.

ncaa doesnt decide AAs is any sport i think.

shes dominated since the early season, but i wonder if that will hold her back. no great wins on her resume.

Yeah, it's a tough call. I mean the numbers themselves are great. The numbers against the better teams, not so much. It's so tough with all of these PAC-10 and SEC pitchers out there with such great numbers. They do take 9 pitchers as AAs (three first team, three second, three third), so it's not inconceivable that she'd reach maybe third team status. Like HHF said, the early season losses were killer not only for their at-large resume, but for Olivia's as well. She is currently tied for sixth in the country in ERA, eighth in strikeouts, eighty in Ks/7, eighth in hits allowed per game, second in shutouts, eighth in wins, fourth in BB/7. All of these numbers are great, but they're all teetering on the edge. Do you (in an unbiased opinion) give the nod to someone whose numbers are just about the same but has played an SEC schedule, or the slightly better numbers against the CAA? A perfect game is great, and never an easy thing to do, but it comes against a team that is 275th out of 283 in the country in team batting average (Hofstra is 28th, for those that are wondering). I don't know how this will all be looked at.
    2002, 2005, and 2014 ECRHA Champions. twitter.com/HofstraHockey

As some one pointed out to me on the UCS forum Galatis first game she gave up 9 runs and the other poor effort came when she finished pitching at 1AM and had to pitch against UCLA at 9AM the next day. All her other efforts have been great including games against tennesse, VT and Fordham where she beat AA jen Mineau. I agree she is borderline but might make it in as an at large because of her hitting too. Combine her hitting and pitching stats and hopefully she gets in.

It'll be close. And I really hope she gets it- it'll be great for her obviously, but for Coach and the program as well. There's also a Utility/P spot on the AA list, who knows, maybe she'll fit in there.
    2002, 2005, and 2014 ECRHA Champions. twitter.com/HofstraHockey

Congrats to Olivia Galati on winning her 4th CAA player of the week award. Funny but she throws 16 innings including a perfect game and has 25Ks and no walks and she DOESNT win the CAA pitcher of the week.

On Olivias status for m getting AA honors. According to the NCAA stats here is how Olivia galati ranks among the top pitchers in the country.
    ERA- 1st
    Shutouts -1st
    Ks per 7 innings- 6th
    Ks-7th
    hits per 7 innings- 5th
    victories- 7th
    BBs allowed per 7 innings-3rd
    Strikeout ratio per walks- 1st

Quote Originally Posted by stuball888 View Post
    On Olivias status for m getting AA honors. According to the NCAA stats here is how Olivia galati ranks among the top pitchers in the country.
    ERA- 1st
    Shutouts -1st
    Ks per 7 innings- 6th
    Ks-7th
    hits per 7 innings- 5th
    victories- 7th
    BBs allowed per 7 innings-3rd
    Strikeout ratio per walks- 1st
    not meant as a knock but she has done it against subpar comp. i wonder what influence that will have with the committee.