Elon
HU
JMU
NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Default Va Pilot Story With Some $$ Numbers about Possible C-USA Move

We already spend $5 million a year on football, and most of the C-USA football schools spend between 6 and 12.

http://hamptonroads.com/2012/05/five...conference-usa

Default Re: Va Pilot Story With Some $$ Numbers about Possible C-USA Move

I wonder why the potential move to FBS (CUSA) would compromise our shot at the FCS playoffs?

Quote Originally Posted by gilla View Post
    I wonder why the potential move to FBS (CUSA) would compromise our shot at the FCS playoffs?
    Probably the same rule that made UMass ineligible for the FCS playoffs should they have qualified.

Quote Originally Posted by gilla View Post
    Because schools playing FBS get more scholarships and that's not a one year thing, they'll have to build to it. We can't play at 63 this year and jump to 85 and play CUSA next year.

Quote Originally Posted by DJnVa View Post
    Because schools playing FBS get more scholarships and that's not a one year thing, they'll have to build to it. We can't play at 63 this year and jump to 85 and play CUSA next year.
    Recruiting for this year is over and we are set at 63. I don't think we'd start addining schollies until next year anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by EverRespect View Post
    Recruiting for this year is over and we are set at 63. I don't think we'd start addining schollies until next year anyway.
    This is why we are waiting until after June 1st deadline to announce move. We wait til then and the NCAA knows we cannot add anymore schollies until next year, making us FCS playoff eligible