Elon
HU
JMU
NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: A Statement from Director of Athletics from Bourne on Conference Alignment

Quote Originally Posted by JMAD1SON View Post
    My god, he has a pulse. He probably wrote that statement when the jury was in recess.
    Apparently, because he didn't even take the time to proofread it.

Default Re: A Statement from Director of Athletics from Bourne on Conference Alignment

I don't have a problem with this statement. While it doesn't give any answers, it is nice to hear from him. He is in a tough position where he really can't say anything definitive until a deal is complete.

You may be right. But hopefully Bourne has been in a proactive mode versus a reactive one.
    So you read this statement as them just sitting there twiddling their thumbs and being reactive? Because I didn't.

Please let me reassure all of you that JMU takes this issue of conference alignment very seriously and is working closely with all of those involved. We are committed to making the best decisions possible for our great university.
    Last edited by dubbya; 05-03-2012 at 01:38 PM.

I am confused...

For the people complaining that this email is not enough, what would be good enough for you?

If the article from the Pilot this morning is true, then JMU, ODU, and Delaware have all been in talks about conference realignment and I am gonna take a wild guess that the CUSA isnt the only conference we have at least talked to. Without the fear of screwing up future opportunities, what kind of email would you want from your AD?

He acknowledged your concerns, realizes what the fan base is worrying about, and mentions they are working hard to do whats best. Some of us think we are entitled to the same knowledge and inside information as our president and AD and I dont get it.

Quote Originally Posted by JmuSkinsFan View Post
    I mean ... I'm not really sure what you guys would like him to say? "We are trying really hard to get C-USA to let us in too." ... or "The MAC hasn't been answering our calls, but we promise we are trying to get them on the phone."

Some of you are hard to please. Simple answer: NO ONE HAS ANSWERS RIGHT NOW.
    Exactly.

"You give a mouse a cookie...." comes to mind with many of the posters around here.

lol...

So anything short of an annoucment that we're joining the ACC isn't enough for some of us, apparently.

You guys that are doing nothing but whining are pretty ignorant? Does any A.D. provide a live blog of what's happening in their negotiations? If you were in charge, would you be doing so? Get a grip.

Quote Originally Posted by DolleyMadison View Post
    I am confused...

For the people complaining that this email is not enough, what would be good enough for you?

If the article from the Pilot this morning is true, then JMU, ODU, and Delaware have all been in talks about conference realignment and I am gonna take a wild guess that the CUSA isnt the only conference we have at least talked to. Without the fear of screwing up future opportunities, what kind of email would you want from your AD?

He acknowledged your concerns, realizes what the fan base is worrying about, and mentions they are working hard to do whats best. Some of us think we are entitled to the same knowledge and inside information as our president and AD and I dont get it.
    Clearly, if he were competent at his job, he would post a blog here of his work each day, all discussions he has had, and all future plans. He would also expect us to keep the information quiet so as not to lose any competitive advantage and would expect other schools to honor a promise never to peak at the boards. I think that is the least a good administrator should be expected to do!

Quote Originally Posted by dubbya View Post
    So you read this statement as them just sitting there twiddling their thumbs and being reactive? Because I didn't.
    No. The twiddling of their thumbs probably stopped when they started hearing about the possible defections from VCU, GMU, and now, especially, ODU.

No. The twiddling of their thumbs probably stopped when they started hearing about the possible defections from VCU, GMU, and now, especially, ODU.
    I know, from numerous people, that this is in fact, absolutely, 100% false. JMU admin have been having these "discussions" for YEARS. Not 1 week, not 1 month, not 1 year, not 2, but more than a few years ... get the point? They're doing as much as they can ... aside from predicting the future, what else can they do?