HU
JMU
NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default ODU to C-USA: Recruiting?

Let's talk about what this move does for both football and basketball recruiting. How would it change our women's sports? Does it change our women's sports? Etc etc
    "The winner ain't the guy with the fastest car...its the guy who refuses to lose."

"Get out of the race car if you've got feathers on your legs. Put a kerosene rag around your ankles so the ants won't climb up and eat that candy ass."

- Dale Earnhardt

Default Re: ODU to C-USA: Recruiting?

Clearly, if the rumors are true, the move to CUSA would be monumental in terms of football recruiting. I am also interested in how hoops recruiting would be affected.

C-USA does not sponsor Women's Lacrosse, Men's Swimming and Diving, Wrestling, and Field Hockey. We would need to find homes for those programs, the last two being the most prominent.

Maybe we could drop wrestling, mens swimming and diving. Couldn't hurt with Title IX and the new schollies for FB.

Quote Originally Posted by EverRespect View Post
    Maybe we could drop wrestling, mens swimming and diving. Couldn't hurt with Title IX and the new schollies for FB.
    That would be a travesty and irresponsible in my opinion.

Field Hockey, Women's Lacross, Wrestling, and Men's Swimming would need a new home if all goes through. Though there are several scenarios that can be made for each sport, it will be interesting to see how the AD handles the situation.

Well some mens sports have to get cut and whatever it is it is going to piss people off. I would personally start with programs that have no conference home. The nature of the beast. Thank the government and Title IX. Field hockey and womens LAX will be safe.

As all these schools joing far-flung conferences I'm sure the smaller non-revenue sports will team up together in regional conferences.

Maybe, but we still have 22 schollies to cut in mens sports... unless we can fund 44 and add 22 womens schollies. Sounds doubtful when we already have to fund stadium expansion, higher travel budget, and likely pay raises for the coaching staffs.

But we'll be bringing in a bunch more TV revenue and ad revenue. And I'm quite sure donations will go up.

It would be interesting to see Wood's presentation to see how the numbers work.