HU
JMU
NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: The question I have is this regarding CUSA

My grandfather played on the line for Marshall and is originally from Barboursville, I'm excited to be in a conference with Marshall.

I believe Marshall has had some success recruiting this area as well.

Quote Originally Posted by PG#11 View Post
    My grandfather played on the line for Marshall and is originally from Barboursville, I'm excited to be in a conference with Marshall.

I believe Marshall has had some success recruiting this area as well.
    When Bob Pruett was here we recruited the Tidewater area heavily. Hopefully we'll start putting an emphasis on it again if/when ODU is added.

Im excited to hopefully play such rich football history schools. ECU poses the most excitement for me because before we had football I lived I'm Carolina and was a football pirate. Already talking smack to all my purple and gold friends. I think I still have a phone video from 06 or 07 when ecu beat unc by a field goal with no time on the clock. So much fun.

Quote Originally Posted by MUTeke View Post

Since the annual Friends of Coal Bowl series ends with WVU after this season maybe Marshall and ODU can come up with something to replace it. Battle of the Virginias?
    It could still be Friends of Coal. The Norfolk Southern Coal Yard borders our campus and the HQ is 2 miles away. Besides most of the coal that leaves the Port of Virginia comes from WV.

The "Coal Bowl". Well done, myorangecrush!
    Fortunate to be an adopted Monarch.

I am very excited and happy at the prospect of ODU joining C-USA. I have a strong belief that we will accept this offer as Terry Holland has been our biggest cheerleader on this front and he.and WS are tight from their days at UVA. I think the main reason we have first dibs over MTSU is because of ECU's strong lobbying and the fact that our market is close in size to Nashville. I don't see us turning this down. Maybe we go all sports except football until 2015, and play as an fcs indy in fb for 2013 and 2014. We have to pull the trigger on this!
    Last edited by Beenjammin More; 05-01-2012 at 10:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by myorangecrush View Post
    It could still be Friends of Coal. The Norfolk Southern Coal Yard borders our campus and the HQ is 2 miles away. Besides most of the coal that leaves the Port of Virginia comes from WV.
    Nice. There you go.

Only one person other person seems to care about other sports potentially impacted ...
    I dropped "The Ted" on you.

CUSA is tied into 5 Bowl games.
    http://www.collegefootballpoll.com/b..._schedule.html

Last season they placed 2 into Major Bowls.

PS: For those VCU & GHMU lurkers, a bowl game is where you play Football in the post season. Its a little oblong ball that can be thrown kicked or carried for "first downs"!

Look it up!

Weird question, but should Bobby redshirt Heinicke if we do end up going FBS? This upcoming season won't matter. And BTW, why would we have to wait until 2015 to play in CUSA? We can play in 2013 (see UMass and GSU); only new programs require two transitional years.
    Last edited by smudge12; 05-02-2012 at 10:19 AM.