DU
Elon
HU
JMU
NU
TU
UNCW
WM
 
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 70
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    523

    Default Re: VCU to the A-10 on May 1

    could care less about auto bid to ncaa..all I want is quality basketball...

    https://admin.xosn.com/pdf8/790810.p...B_OEM_ID=14900

    HAC - Here I come

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    767

    Default Re: VCU to the A-10 on May 1

    yeehaw! I've been hoping for this, would be fantastic news - I can't stand the CAA as it is anymore for HU - time for change in a big way

    this doesn't suck in ANY way shape or form for HU - it only helps us

    and 3r if you actually really don't care about getting to the NCAA's (HUH???), adios - trust me folks, this would be just what the doc ordered for HU - man, where's Jack when you need him?! lol

    between this and the hopeful news of some super commits, I am salivating - HU bball is just steps away from a complete positive turnaround...

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    807

    Default

    Politio, no offense, but what's so positive about being in a watered down conference? we lose those two schools and then what - watch the CAA rpi and multi bid crumble. On top of that, ESPN hates us and NBC will want nothing to do with us...time for change is right... but where - back to the AE? No way in hell would I want that... I'll take the MACC though... But would they take us and another as a package (Drexel?), doubt it. I'm having a hard time seeing this as a positive.

  4. #14

    Default Re: VCU to the A-10 on May 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Polito View Post
    yeehaw! I've been hoping for this, would be fantastic news - I can't stand the CAA as it is anymore for HU - time for change in a big way

    this doesn't suck in ANY way shape or form for HU - it only helps us

    and 3r if you actually really don't care about getting to the NCAA's (HUH???), adios - trust me folks, this would be just what the doc ordered for HU - man, where's Jack when you need him?! lol

    between this and the hopeful news of some super commits, I am salivating - HU bball is just steps away from a complete positive turnaround...
    Totally agree with Polito, this would be great for us. We would no longer have to play in the VCU invitational every March for starters. Who cares about the conference being watered down? We used to play in the America East. What has the powerful CAA done for us? We finished with an RPI of 25 in 2006 and still did not get an at large. It would have never happened for us in the future. Go back to a 1 bid league. The goal is to win the damn conference championship and the road to that would be much easier. It will be a great day for Hofstra when this becomes official. Bring Stony Brook into the league so we can kick their ass twice a year also. Lets go!

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,077

    Default Re: VCU to the A-10 on May 1

    I would not mind seeing Stony Brook join the CAA...I like the idea of the local rivalry and they have an up-and-coming program...all good in my opinion

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,311

    Default Re: VCU to the A-10 on May 1

    Quote Originally Posted by DutchAlum01 View Post
    Politio, no offense, but what's so positive about being in a watered down conference? we lose those two schools and then what - watch the CAA rpi and multi bid crumble. On top of that, ESPN hates us and NBC will want nothing to do with us...time for change is right... but where - back to the AE? No way in hell would I want that... I'll take the MACC though... But would they take us and another as a package (Drexel?), doubt it. I'm having a hard time seeing this as a positive.
    We were a one bid league this year. And what did being a multi bid league ever do for us? This would be an opportunity with some leadership to transform this league into something that works for us and the other northern teams if we can reign in Yeager and keep him from looking south for replacements. I do agree about NBC. I wonder if the ink is dry on that contract.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,311

    Default Re: VCU to the A-10 on May 1

    Quote Originally Posted by dooku25 View Post
    Totally agree with Polito, this would be great for us. We would no longer have to play in the VCU invitational every March for starters. Who cares about the conference being watered down? We used to play in the America East. What has the powerful CAA done for us? We finished with an RPI of 25 in 2006 and still did not get an at large. It would have never happened for us in the future. Go back to a 1 bid league. The goal is to win the damn conference championship and the road to that would be much easier. It will be a great day for Hofstra when this becomes official. Bring Stony Brook into the league so we can kick their ass twice a year also. Lets go!
    I agree about Stony Brook but if McCabe is the AD (likely) he will fight against it. He and Hayes were obsessed with not playing them. I actually think they were intimidated by Fiore and very afraid of SBU becoming an equal partner. But don't count on "kicking their ass twice a year". They have been building a strong program there and could have easily beaten us this year. Being in the CAA will only help make them stronger. They have a real commitment to athletics there - unlike us.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,077

    Default Re: VCU to the A-10 on May 1

    Exactly HU76...Fiore is the person we should be targeting for the AD position but it will not happen...first of all the offer will not come and,if it did, Fiore would probably turn it down even thoush he is an alumnus...Stony Brook has an up-and-coming program while Hofstra is basically a "remains to be seen" program...Stony Brook is getting better every year

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    807

    Default Re: VCU to the A-10 on May 1

    If VCU and GMU depart, and we bring in two decent replacements (north of the mason dixon line), I'm fine with that - I just see Yeager bringing in two teams that don't align well with us - further making this conference far from an ideal situation for us - if we added SBU and maybe a school like Boston University, I'd be on board with that. and you're right dooku, a multi bid league has meant nothing for us - even with an rpi of 25.

    If we were to jump ship, anyone have any insight as to whether or not a league like the MAAC might consider adding teams?

    Just realized we could potentially be adding three teams with GS leaving - If I'm correct, doesn't Fordham also play football?
    Last edited by DutchAlum01; 04-21-2012 at 10:51 AM.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    8,414

    Default Re: VCU to the A-10 on May 1

    Quote Originally Posted by DutchAlum01 View Post
    If VCU and GMU depart, and we bring in two decent replacements (north of the mason dixon line), I'm fine with that - I just see Yeager bringing in two teams that don't align well with us - further making this conference an ideal situation for us - if we added SBU and maybe a school like Boston University, I'd be on board with that. and you're right dooku, a multi bid league has meant nothing for us - even with an rpi of 25.

    If we were to jump ship, anyone have any insight as to whether or not a league like the MAAC might consider adding teams?

    If Mason and VCU leave, Hofstra had better have their escape boat lined up. This will very quickly turn into a football league with bigger aspirations. I have a feeling that Hofstra killing off football is going to force their hand in future conference affiliation. They aren't going to have as many choices and will be stuck with the leftovers.

    Towson
    UD
    WM
    ODU
    JMU

    These 5 are likely paired up for a future move to FBS football with maybe WM looking at the Patriot league. Add in a Stony Brook or even an Albany or Charlotte to the mix and thats 7 committed football squads.

    UNCW
    HU
    Drexel
    NU

    I see HU and NU to the America East. UNCW... maybe to the Big South? and Drexel to the MAAC or A10.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Latest CAAZone.com News


From our Sponsors: