JMU
NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ryan Pearson

Default Ryan Pearson

I come in peace with a question I haven't seen an answer to- what happened to the Ryan VCU saw when we played you at your place this year? We couldn't stop him and he had his way with us. Then in the CAA Tourn, the game before you played us again, he hardly scratched and didn't play much/very well against us the next day. I have seen it speculated that he has asthma and was having difficulty breathing? Really thought with his size and skill he had a chance in the Show.
    VCU '73 & '85

Default Re: Ryan Pearson

This will end well.

A little late to be asking questions, but what the hell it's the offseason.

1) As a 6'6 PF, Ryan Pearson had zero chance to play in the NBA.

2) Georgia State's forwards have always given Ryan Pearson fits. They're long, athletic, aggressive, shot blocking monsters. They limited him during our regular season game too. Not really surprised he didn't play well against Georgia State.

3) As for the VCU game, well, when your guards turn it over on backtobacktobacktobacktobacktobacktoback--ad infinitum possessions and let your opponents run up a 20-0 score in the first 2 minutes, not much anyone can do at that point. Game was over before it started.

3a) Once VCU went to a 4 guard lineup, Pearson was being murderized by Bradford Burgess. Jonathan Arledge actually did a much better job defensively on Burgess in the second half. And coupled with Morrison's monster game, that severely limited the amount of minutes Pearson played (24).

3b) He didn't look quite himself the whole weekend and many think given his style of play and how much he gets banged around, that he was nursing quite a few injuries out there, and they just caught up with him.

I still think if you take Pearsons game and heart, and he had Mike Mo's body and athleticism, you have a nice pro prospect.

Small Town America, clingin' to my guns & religion

Quote Originally Posted by patriotfan49 View Post
    I still think if you take Pearsons game and heart, and he had Mike Mo's body and athleticism, you have a nice pro prospect.
    Really going out on a limb with that one.
    I have a son. He looks like Brian Terry.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Akston View Post
    Really going out on a limb with that one.
    I mean come on, Larry Sanders was a first rounder. I think a athletic 6'9 Ryan Pearson would stand a good shot at that.

Or if you are being sarcastic......

If this player existed, he wouldn't have played at GMU.
    "You know, we had a helluva year back in '78."

Agreed. Even more so if you added DJ's quickness, VV's 3 pt. shooting from last year, and Ron Jeremy's 15 incher.
    Can I kick it?... yes you can

In addition to the obvious asthma problems, Pearson appeared to be injured. I saw signs of it in our regular season game at Northeastern as well, but we'll probably never know exactly what the injury was. He's rumored to have played with a number of injuries in previous years, including broken fingers, knee and foot problems, and even a broken wrist.

As much as I love Ryan, he just doesn't have the quickness to guard a player like Burgess, and if he was at anything less than 100% he was going to get burned.

In defense of Pearson guarding Burgess its tough to guard a person whos primary offense was throwing up 3s 5ft behind the 3pt line