http://www2.timesdispatch.com/sports...f--ar-1847210/

"The later it got, the more worried I got," Hurt said. "At the end, it was pretty nerve-wracking. I had my fingers crossed. I can tell you this: There was a huge sigh of relief" when she saw her name flash across the screen during late-afternoon draft coverage on ESPNU.

Hurt said she "didn't have the slightest clue" that Indiana, the WNBA's 2011 Eastern Conference champion, was interested. She has since learned that Fever coach Lin Dunn is making an all-out effort to improve her club's rebounding in 2012.

"That's probably what I do best," Hurt said. "I'm going to go (to Indiana) with a hard-working, blue-collar mentality." Suspense notwithstanding, she said her late-in-the-third-round selection may prove to be a blessing. "I'm going to a great team," she said. "If I do what I'm capable of doing, I think I've got a good chance to make the roster."
"We've had some pretty good players walk through this program," said Rams coach Beth Cunningham. "But when you take everything into consideration her numbers, her consistency, what her teams accomplished I think you'd have to say she's quite possibly the best ever to wear a VCU uniform."