HU
JMU
NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Hawks looking to add another/Spring Recruiting Discussion Thread

Here's Brian Mull's latest. Looks like Anthony Thomas is considering the Hawks since Donte is probably leaving for Norfolk State or someone closer to home. He looks to have added more muscle than when he was a freshman. Intriguing prospect that has CAA size/athleticism, can board and can shoot (according to Scout, VCU offered out of HS). He led a 25-7 Hutchinson club in scoring, rebounds, assists and TO's. He had an 87 ESPN rating and is supposedly a good student. Looks like Fresno St. is very interested as well and he will visit there. There will certainly be others, if Anthony doesn't sign. He'd be the 2nd Spring recruit to augment Tyree Graham. The Hawks need to fill 1 more with a shooter with size or a wing.

http://hawkshoops.blogs.starnewsonli...-on-the-radar/
    A decade of excellence...
    1998 NIT
    2000 NCAA
    2001 NIT
    2002 NCAA & Baseball 2003 NCAA
    2003 NCAA & Baseball 2004 NCAA
    2006 NCAA & Baseball 2006 NCAA
    2008 NCAA Baseball

Default Re: Hawks looking to add another/Spring Recruiting Discussion Thread

UNCW vs Fresno St is funny,see who wins out on this.

Such the optimist. Oh, that's right. You're not a fan.
    SHUT UP AND PLAY!!!!

A.K.A. 33Talons

Fresno is on the west coast and he's from NC so we shall see. Somebody told me that he wanted to go to UNCW some time back after the App. State situation. If I were him, I'd stick closer to home so your family can see you play and you can easily get back for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
    1998 NIT
    2000 NCAA
    2001 NIT
    2008 NCAA Baseball

Quote Originally Posted by jumpinmullet View Post
    UNCW vs Fresno St is funny,see who wins out on this.
    Have you been to Fresno? Not much going on there and slightly sketchy. Was there last year. If you are a backcountry guy it's not bad because you are close to Kings Canyon and Yosemite. Outside of that, not much to offer in my opinion. About the only thing going for Fresno State is the Chris Herren connection.

In all seriousness, Fresno State has some good history but I'd say the Dub gets the nod when you are looking at a NC kid.

I have been to Fresno and it sucks-I would much rather play at UNCW.The deal is with the UNCW connection there is what makes it a funny situation that he would be looking at that place at all.Fresno is a big,crime infested crap hole.

It's funny how recruitment can come full circle. Check out the names thrown about with AThomas a while back. UNCW was in the mix back then a bit, intertesting read. Recruiting is a crazy thing.

http://hawkshoops.blogs.starnewsonli...-report/?tc=ar
    Last edited by billthebighawkfan; 04-14-2012 at 01:55 AM.
    1998 NIT
    2000 NCAA
    2001 NIT
    2008 NCAA Baseball

So Buzz and Benny recruited the same players. No big shocker. Hopefully Graham and maybe Thomas work out. Graham could be 25 by the time he leaves UNCW. Would that make him the oldest player at UNCW for the trivia experts?
    We go from young to old so we better go from losing to winning.

Thomas to C of C. Tough call for him-considiring PT et al...Hager/Jackson in place at WF/ C of C looking WF-so I can see it. Hawks have 1 ship to give.
    Last edited by billthebighawkfan; 05-05-2012 at 01:39 AM.
    1998 NIT
    2000 NCAA
    2001 NIT
    2008 NCAA Baseball

Save it for next year and use the current players that have been in the program. Sherwood is old for his class and needs to get on the court with his shooting. Play Hager 30 minutes a game.
    We go from young to old so we better go from losing to winning.