Elon
HU
JMU
NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Default Re: (OT) The beginning of the end of Seth Greenberg at VT?

Or Minn fires Tubby, takes Shaka, then Rhodes takes over at vcu but screws it up and vcu becomes the towson of the a10.

Rhoades isn't going to screw up VCU. He's at least as good a coach as Shaka, if not better.

What would royally screw VCU is losing Rhoades and not having him on the bench as a ready-made replacement when Shaka inevitably bolts for a BCS job at some point.

As a VCU hater, that's the scenario I'm hoping for. They can't keep going to the "hot young black assistant" well over and over again without pulling up a major dud one time, can they?

Quote Originally Posted by masonevolution View Post
    He said "NO" to a school in his Native Midwest that offered him upwards of 3 million greenbacks.

Virginia Tech was paying Greenberg around $2 million. Beamer makes $2.3 million. And NO WAY that the basketball coach at Tech will make more than Beamer.

Also, Tech basketball is not that good.
    Shartka has shown it's not about the money... He said no b/c Chicago sucks. I would think it's either Shartka or Wich St. (from Roanoke) coach to VT.

I'm praying Shartka to VT as VCU leaves to the A10, to be stuck in eternal damnation as the Towson of the A10 (ODU won't play VCU anymore b/c it doesn't fit out National Brand). Hope and Pray.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountainman Monarch View Post
    Shartka has shown it's not about the money... He said no b/c Chicago sucks. I would think it's either Shartka or Wich St. (from Roanoke) coach to VT.

I'm praying Shartka to VT as VCU leaves to the A10, to be stuck in eternal damnation as the Towson of the A10 (ODU won't play VCU anymore b/c it doesn't fit out National Brand). Hope and Pray.
    you are right
    because you will now have to play the real TU twice and the A-10 would not like us to play teams with RPI's that are too low.
    Villa 7 is real and it works
    and yes we will be going back to the well again if needed

Someone did say your program could be one coaching hire away from the bottom. Forgot who that was, but your statement is proving true currently for VT and possible vcu, if they lose Smart.

Did I hit a nerve? Sure sounds like it. Don't be scared BigEars.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountainman Monarch View Post

Yeah, Chicago with all those top bball players really sucks. News flash, the Chicago area has five of the top 60 players for 2013, including the #1 overall player, and three of the top 25 for 2014. Weber got fired at Illinois because he didn't get enough of them and his players quit on him when the season started going south. Shaka stayed at VCU because he's smart enough to know the grass isn't always greener at a BCS school, particularly when it's Illinois and they have the same delusion they should be a national power that NC State has about being equal to Duke and UNC. VT can't pay him nearly what Illinois offered him. Greenburg made only $1.2 million.

Because of the timing I don't see VT getting an established head coach. Wichita State restructured Gregg Marshall's deal after he got offers from NC State last year and Nebraska (which has a new practice facility and new downtown arena that VT doesn't have) this year. No way he goes to VT, he'll wait until a job opens at a top bball school.

They'll end up hiring an up and coming assistant. Weaver's track record with hiring bball coaches on both the men's and women's side isn't good so I'm not exactly sure he knows what a good bball coach looks like anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by GMUHistory055 View Post
    Weaver's track record with hiring bball coaches on both the men's and women's side isn't good so I'm not exactly sure he knows what a good bball coach looks like anyway.
    Would you say it is...shaky?

Quote Originally Posted by nova View Post
    Would you say it is...shaky?
    Ha! I see what you did there....not nice dude.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGHQ6xpnahI

NCAA - 1989, 1999, 2001, 2006****, 2008, 2011*
    NIT - 1986*, 2002, 2004**, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by GMUHistory055 View Post
    Yeah, Chicago with all those top bball players really sucks. News flash, the Chicago area has five of the top 60 players for 2013, including the #1 overall player, and three of the top 25 for 2014. Weber got fired at Illinois because he didn't get enough of them ...
    News Flash - kids from Chicago are looking for any and every way to get the heck outta town... so back to Chicago sucks, like I said.