JMU
NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Marko? Polo?

Default Re: Marko? Polo?

As of around 7:00 last night, they had not received the LOI... but they were expecting it shortly. I believe a parent/guardian has to sign the LOI which can be tricky if his parents are still back in Serbia. This one was going to take a little more time.

Quote Originally Posted by patriotfan49 View Post
    Bet you he will have the story at 415 after if it is on the news at 4.

Title: Breaking news, you hear it hear on gmuhoops first!

Then he will attach the video from nbc lol

LOL, I bet what he would do what he did to Gunnie that one time...He stripped themasonbench.com from Gunnie's own home proddueced video from Kenner League and put his own watermark on the video. If I was Gunnie, i would've had the guy in court. hahahaha, what a hack.

Got word that Marko has signed his LOI.

Now, what to do with the last scholarship?

Don't you think they have a guy they could offer, but perhaps are waiting to see what happens with a10?

I also received confirmation just now that his LOI is expected soon.
    Visit http://www.eyesradio.com for the best in local and national sports coverage.

on twitter @tomcblock

Quote Originally Posted by GS II View Post
    Don't you think they have a guy they could offer, but perhaps are waiting to see what happens with a10?
    I think they're trying to feel out who the best player they can land with this last scholarship is going to be. They have several feelers out for 2013 recruits as well and remember that if no one transfers or leaves the program unexpectedly, we won't have a 2013 scholarship to offer anyone if we use this last one on a 2012 recruit.

While I hate not using all of our scholarships, I think our best option is to hold it for the 2013 class. I have no idea on how this new staff looks at it, but right now in our past two classes we have a 1 in Edwards, a 2 in Holloway, a 3 in Gray, a 4 in Gujanicic, and a 5 in Copes. Nothing against Carrera or Crider, but one more year allows us to 1) evaluate the 5 young guys and see if we need to fill a need if one of them doesn't cut it, 2) if the 5 guys work out go for the best available no matter position, and 3) allows us to bring in a guy who will sit for a year and have a chance to play major minutes as a soph instead of bringing a guy in this year and have them buried on the bench for two years. As good as Carrera and Crider are, it would be tough to get major minutes ahead of J2, Copes, and Arledge (possibly Marko and Okoloji too). Instead of playing behind those guys for two years, a 2013 guy would play behind them for one year and have three years of PT after. It would be a good selling point for a 2013 guy too because there should be a lot of minutes available beginning their soph year.

Thoughts?

Yeah we need this last scholarship for J3 next year. (don't stop...believing...)

In all seriousness though, I agree with waiting until next year to fill the scholarship. With so much happening or potentially happening (a10), you don't want to miss out on a top prospect next year because you don't have a scholarship.

Hold on to it for J3 or 6'5 PG Tim Quarterman!

If he comes during the game the arena can play a game played at many pools where people say marko and others say polo which is what I thought about when I saw the titile of this thread with both of the question marks