JMU
NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Default Re: Big man transfer? Deshawn Painter

Quote Originally Posted by devyanks90 View Post
    make it Wednesday night at the 8 seed. No need to force people to go get tickets for an extra session with 1 game
    You're saying have it on the home court of the 8 seed and make the 9 seed travel? That would make sense financially. No way the CAA would make a profit with the 8/9 seeds duking it out as the only game of the night. I'm sure the Massoleum only costs a few hundred dollars a night to rent, but you'd probably only have 14 butts in the seat for that game.
    If I don't respond, it's because you're on 'Ignore.'

Quote Originally Posted by T-Mac View Post
    You're saying have it on the home court of the 8 seed and make the 9 seed travel? That would make sense financially. No way the CAA would make a profit with the 8/9 seeds duking it out as the only game of the night. I'm sure the Massoleum only costs a few hundred dollars a night to rent, but you'd probably only have 14 butts in the seat for that game.
    Exactly what I'm saying.

Bottom 3 (that are eligible) will probably be a race between JMU, W&M, and Hofstra.

Hofstra had more fans on press row than in the stands this year, JMU was the noon Friday game so they didn't have many people (I got there in the 2nd half of that game), and W&M didn't travel well. As long as Northeastern isn't involved with this game (messes up travel), it would be good for everyone.

If only he could convince Vinston Painter to transfer to ODU to play O Line.
    "The winner ain't the guy with the fastest car...its the guy who refuses to lose."

"Get out of the race car if you've got feathers on your legs. Put a kerosene rag around your ankles so the ants won't climb up and eat that candy ass."

- Dale Earnhardt

Anyone know when we find out if Painter gets his waiver granted?

Painter's waiver was granted - he will be big for ODU.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGHQ6xpnahI

NCAA - 1989, 1999, 2001, 2006****, 2008, 2011*
    NIT - 1986*, 2002, 2004**, 2009

I can only hope we play good enough to get an at-large. It would suck for this kid to come and not get any post season play at all.

If last year's team with the PG play we had, made some post season tournament you can rest assured that Mr. Painter & ODU will be playing somewhere in March. Might not be NIT or NCAA, but we'll still play.
    If it weren't for Double Standards, Liberals would have no standards at all.

VA Beach Police: Giving Barney Fife a good name!

Illegitimous noncarborundum (donít let the bastards wear you down)

If Painter plays this year, I hope we get an at large to the NIT and win the whole thing. We win a championship, and the CAA gets nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by bigblueodu View Post
    If Painter plays this year, I hope we get an at large to the NIT and win the whole thing. We win a championship, and the CAA gets nothing.

I don't care if we somehow get to the NCAAs and advance and the CAA gets our money....they have to divide it equally among all the schools. So the teams in the BB crapper who can't do anything with it like Townson, UNCW, WisM and JMU share equally to feed their continued ineptitude. The CAA can't give larger shares of that money to programs that can do something with it. No, they have to give equal shares of money won by ODU to the toilet dwellers. To me it is money the CAA flushes down the drain! I love it.

That said I apologize to any UNCW reader. It pains me to see where your program has fallen. I hope you guys bounce back soon and rip the CAA a new one!
    If it weren't for Double Standards, Liberals would have no standards at all.

VA Beach Police: Giving Barney Fife a good name!

Illegitimous noncarborundum (donít let the bastards wear you down)

Quote Originally Posted by ODU True Blue View Post
    I don't care if we somehow get to the NCAAs and advance and the CAA gets our money....they have to divide it equally among all the schools. So the teams in the BB crapper who can't do anything with it like Townson, UNCW, WisM and JMU share equally to feed their continued ineptitude. The CAA can't give larger shares of that money to programs that can do something with it. No, they have to give equal shares of money won by ODU to the toilet dwellers. To me it is money the CAA flushes down the drain! I love it.
    Just wanted to point out this is incorrect. Any 2013 NCAA money earned by ODU or GSU goes into the CAA's Excellence Pool, which was recently revised by league presidents from a 40-60 split to a 60-40 split.

So the teams that can't do anything with the money now will only get 40 percent of the money to do nothing with.