HU
JMU
NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Default Re: Wood Selig's tenure

Props to Justin and Dan! All that golf paid off...

There is no questioning the momentum going on with donations and support. I just hope that Wood and folks have things in place to continue the momentum. I imagine that the surge of people (like myself) are supporting because we can taste it on our lips and we want to move up. Mobs are impatient and I would hate for folks to stop donating in 3 or 4 years if there is no clear vision. I think communication is the end all be all and people just want to know. That simple. I think there are things that have been said without words, stadium is getting a upgrade, new bball practice facilities, but the mystery is starting to get to people with all the changes going on.

Without knowing whats going on behind closed doors all I can do is wait and see... I'll pass my final judgement on him once all the news is out and everything is done... its out of my hands anyway.

p.s. IF cusa sends us an invite and we turn it down without some unforeseen major reason I'll be utterly disappointed.
    Last edited by Creighton; 04-13-2012 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ODU True Blue View Post
    Make up facts all you want. They are as vapid as your continual short sighted rants. How many times have you been banned here and elsewhere for the same behavior? Tells me all I need to know about you. A longwinded blow-hard with a hard on for those with real jobs in athletics leaving you to bluster away on a message board wishing you had their jobs.

Never been banned from here. Was suspended. For calling someone who was acting like an idiot an idiot. Much like you are doing now.

The fact that tmac agrees with you on what happened should only further go to show how wrong you are.

You can read the thread on monarch nation to see I am correct. The admin on that worthless site said "if you want to keep posting here, you need to quit bashing Blaine immediately"

I told him what I thought of that and I wasn't interested in continuing to post there. He deleted that post and banned me immediately. You can look it up, that was my last post there. I CHOSE to leave and your continual posting of false garbage here just further let's me know what type of poster you are. The type that t-mac supports.

Game set match lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon 2 View Post
    Never been banned from here. Was suspended.

You can read the thread on monarch nation to see I am correct. The admin on that worthless site said "if you want to keep posting here, you need to quit bashing Blaine immediately"

I told him what I thought of that and I wasn't interested in continuing to post there. He deleted that post and banned me immediately.

Game set match lol.
    Say or feel what you will about razer, it can't be denied that he is certainly one who quibbles.

you are correct. But in this case, I'm simply just correcting false information from one of "those types". You know, the t-drain lites of this board.

Too early to judge the Barefoot or Finwood hires.

Looks like the strategy of blocking VCU and GMU from leaving the CAA has failed as has Wood Selig's tenure as a whole. Terrible strategy, fire him now!

Wood needs to be fired immediately. He has let the entire conference crumble around us while doing nothing.

I've said it all along.....the guy is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon 2 View Post
    Wood needs to be fired immediately. He has let the entire conference crumble around us while doing nothing.

I've said it all along.....the guy is a joke.
    They are still singing Kumbaya on MN. I dont know if you still lurk there, but it is infuriating.

I seldom read MN because of insane comments like this:
    If the VCU/GMU leaving story is true, then I want to give Wood a little credit for helping smoke this information out by asking for a vote on increasing the buy out fee. Irregardless of whether a vote occurred it sent a message to VCU/GMU and somewhat forced their hands. Very good poker move.
    The problem with that place is classic groupthink. No objectivity or critical thinking, and much of the time a down right false sense of reality. You will see some of the most outrageous arguments where people fight to endorse whatever is the newest slice of mediocrity or status quo, no matter how wrong and shortsighted it may be. It is in no way representative of most ODU students and alumni, and it's sad for the most part.

With that said, there are many credible issues that have been brought about our Athletic Director and these complaints don't only reside on message boards as some would like to believe.

To sum it up, he was handed a pretty well ran organization. There has been turmoil and public controversy ever sense his tenure. His fault or not for any of these issues, it's how they were actually handled in response. His decision making has been suspect at best-reckless at worse, and right now ODU is in a very unstable environment; the next few weeks would be an ideal time to try put some positive PR out there because this largely looks like poor strategy slowly unfolding or incompetence.

If previous situations had been handled better, I'd have much more confidence. But there is just no record to give him any confidence.
    Last edited by officeguy; 04-20-2012 at 09:42 PM.