HU
JMU
NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Default Re: UNCW Adds Tyree Graham

I know if Brownell contacted Tyree about going to Clemson, he must be able to play on both ends. And that's a very good sign to me. We'll just have to see how well he can do after those injuries. My take is he has had more than enough time to recover. If TJ cold come back with the problems he had, there is a very good chance Tyree is healthy. He may be a little rusty to start, but I'll take that. He may can handle and score, but a very big added plus is that he is a leader. We need that more than ever.
    SHUT UP AND PLAY!!!!

A.K.A. 33Talons

I understand that Carter had a good senior season and also that Graham has to prove it on the court here but he is a more talented player is my point and it is not even close has far as that goes between he and Carter if he is healthy and I hope he is.I saw him high school and BCC and I watched TJ for his entire career here-different style players for sure.Graham is a tough kid and is a CAA type guard.

Quote Originally Posted by jumpinmullet View Post
    Graham is a tough kid and is a CAA type guard.
    I'll take your word for it. Anyone with his injury history who hasn't hung them up yet has to be pretty damn tough.

I am stunned to see Mullet slobber all over this kid? He had 1 good year at BCC and has been injured most of his career. Buzz hasn't even seen him play. Hope he works out..sounds like a good kid.

I am not stunned to see Bill be so PC with an EZu troll who has a long history of downplaying everybody that UNCW picks up.We go from a kid that was 160 lbs to 212 lbs. Charles Jenkins was 220-230 lbs. Didn't slow him down one bit.
    We go from young to old so we better go from losing to winning.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan4life View Post
    He had 1 good year at BCC and has been injured most of his career. Buzz hasn't even seen him play.
    Good question. He hasn't been on the court in 2 years and I doubt it's legal for him to work out for anyone while still at Rutgers. Sounds like Buzz is just taking a chance unseen at this point.

We go from a kid that was 160 lbs to 212 lbs. Charles Jenkins was 220-230 lbs. Didn't slow him down one bit.
    Jenkins played some small foward and had to be around the basket fighting for rebounds. It also probably helped him to be 3 or 4 inches taller and have good knee's too. The big concern with a guy with injuries like that is that he has lost a step or two. I don't think you want a 200+ guy that's probably also slowed by past injuries. 160 isn't good either, but there is certainly a middle ground.

Since the article said he had weighed 240lbs I seriously doubt he's some kind of fitness buff or rock hard muscled up 212 either. Just saying his target weight of 200 still sounds heavy regardless. Even ripped basketball players his size are more like 180. You hardly ever see a 6' 200lb guard.

Nobody here gives a damn about your opinion. It means nothing here.
    SHUT UP AND PLAY!!!!

A.K.A. 33Talons

Quote Originally Posted by SEA33HAWK View Post
    Nobody here gives a damn about your opinion. It means nothing here.
    PC, uh I mean Bill, doesn't mind it.
    UNCW - Where beating #1 happens.

C'mon fellas give me a break will ya. I'm fired up about this guy now that Jumpin is all over him! I sure hope that he lives up to the hype cause if he's TJ good, he must be darn good. With that said, I'd take a TJ Carter today and 2x on Sunday. He could play and stepped up huge on the biggest stages. I'd just like him to make the most of his last shot at college hoops.
    A decade of excellence...
    1998 NIT
    2000 NCAA
    2001 NIT
    2002 NCAA & Baseball 2003 NCAA
    2003 NCAA & Baseball 2004 NCAA
    2006 NCAA & Baseball 2006 NCAA
    2008 NCAA Baseball

Here's a dated article on Tyree. Seems like he got his priorities in order.

http://texastech.scout.com/2/699048.html
    A decade of excellence...
    1998 NIT
    2000 NCAA
    2001 NIT
    2002 NCAA & Baseball 2003 NCAA
    2003 NCAA & Baseball 2004 NCAA
    2006 NCAA & Baseball 2006 NCAA
    2008 NCAA Baseball

On paper this guy looks like a good get, comparing him to one of the best players we have had before he ever steps on the court is foolish.
    At Least our baseball team is nails!